Bow question

Discussion in 'Archery' started by vaskeet, Jan 23, 2017.

1. vaskeet

vaskeet Member

Just getting back into archery after 30+years I was given a old bow on the limbs it says terminator by martin and on the sticker it says cougar magnum 29 inch draw 50-70 lbs What can you tell me about this bow, I will get it checked out and new strings from the local archery shop. I would like to use it for a while (to make sure I really want to keep doing archery saving my Cabela's bucks ). Would like to have it set at 50 lbs as I will only be shooting targets. 20170120_135440.jpg 20170120_135309.jpg 20170120_135243.jpg

2. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God Help Us Club Subscribed

3. vaskeet

vaskeet Member

So how fast does it have to be to kill PAPER and be fun. Please enlighten me

4. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God Help Us Club Subscribed

I got nothing that will help you ... sorry.

vaskeet likes this.
  5. vaskeet

vaskeet Member

No problem

6. Jeepfan

Jeepfan Registered Member

I don't know but I guess you can still get a string for it. It's so old that I don't know that you can just walk in and get one. Looks like the rubber tubing for the sight is gone. The rest is made for using a mechanical release.

7. vaskeet

vaskeet Member

New string and tuning will be $125 at local shop

8. xRHINOx

xRHINOx Registered Member

Probably made early to mid 90's. Cams look like 65% let off. Take a good look at the limbs to make sure they are not cracked anywhere. From the pics does not look splintered anywhere I can see. Easton E2216 shafts where common shaft's on these bows. Depending on your draw length probably a 28 - 32" shaft. Out of touch on current archery and not sure of an equivalent arrow sizes now days. Any bow smith can make a new string for it the string length is on the white tag. Recommend writing this info down if you are going to keep it. They are not as fast as the new bows but where good back in the day and will work for hunting or target practice. First deer I ever killed was with a bow with 45lb draw.

9. xRHINOx

xRHINOx Registered Member

Not sure if its still true but back then the same company made all limbs and most risers for all bows.