Carolina Shooters Forum banner

Buck 110 refurb

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  rje58 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this well used and somewhat abused Buck 110 in a box lot at an auction a couple months ago. The blade had been carefully sharpened on a hard rock grinder, the wood was almost black and the brass was beat up pretty bad.

After looking at the sad condition it was in for a couple weeks I decided I could do one of two things: 1) send it back to Buck and let them install a new blade or 2) have a go at refurbing it myself. After realizing I had nothing to loose trying and if I boogered it up Buck would fix it for me, I took it apart. I thought I had a damascus blade that might fit in my box of goodies and I was right. It wasn't made for the 110 but it was close enough that I got it squeezed in. Had to make a new lock and fitted some vintage jigged bone to it while it was apart.

So that is what she looks like now. If you are interested in seeing a little more detail of how the refurb went there are a number of posts about it on my Facebook page, search for Silent E knives. If you want to see what makes pocket knives so aggravating to make there are a couple posts there that show the relationships you have to juggle there as well.

Robb

See less See more
#3 ·
That is quite impressive. Folders are finicky things and just taking them apart can be aggravating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.