CC on Swamp Rabbit Trail?

Discussion in 'SC Concealed Carry' started by snal, Mar 3, 2016.

1. snal

snal Staff

Does anyone know (point me to the right place to look) if CC is legal on the Swamp Rabbit Trail?

Saw plenty of "I carry on the trail" references while doing a search, but found nothing concrete that say's that it's legal. Did find one place that said it wasn't, but that statement referred to G'ville parks in general.

TIA

2. WNC Seabee

WNC Seabee Former Member Lifetime Member

He's alive!

The only mention of "firearm" in the Greenville County Ordinances has to do with regulating shooting ranges.
    http://library.amlegal.com/nxt/gate...fault.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:greenvillecocode_sc

In the SC statutes, mention of concealed carry on STATE parks says it's ok with a CCW.
    SECTION 51-3-145. Certain acts unlawful at state parks.
    Paragraph G
    http://www.scstatehouse.gov/query.p...d=8131596&result_pos=0&keyval=1071&numrows=10

Butter likes this.
  3. snal

snal Staff

Thanks Tim! I can't find the site where I saw that Greenville "City" Parks do not allow CC...but it must have been an old site. The newest city parks page doesn't mention it.

Yes, I'm still alive...but perhaps on life support :)

4. wally592

wally592 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I sure hope it's legal. That trail goes through the heart of downtown on some of the main sidewalks through Falls Park and by the Reedy River. I'd hate to think of the hopscotch I'd have to play in order to take a walk with the family down there if it's illegal according to the law of the land. It also goes through the heart of Travelers Rest on Main St. Would be kind of hard to cross the street there in TR with a concealed firearm if the SRT is a no-go for firearms.

Besides ... in downtown Greenville, everybody would probably make more of a stink if you tried to smoke a cigar while walking the trail than if you're carrying a concealed weapon.

5. Goofyfoot2001

Goofyfoot2001 Active Member

Just saw new signs up at our city owned golf club and meeting hall. So if you are a psycho and want another gun free zone, Tega Cay, SC golf club.