Conceal Carry Holster Advise

Discussion in 'SC Concealed Carry' started by Mark Brooks, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Mark Brooks

Mark Brooks Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Looking for a nice CC holster like the Urban Carry holster. Would this be the best bet for the money ? I cant seem to find any other manufactures of this type ? I like to keep my shirt tucked and not have to wear something over it. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

2. bmmechan

bmmechan Registered Member

The No Print Wonder from Clinger holsters is what I carry and I love it. I have also turned a couple friends onto this holster too.
    https://clingerholsters.com/product/no-print-wonder-holster/

3. Mark Brooks

Thanks

4. 112

112 Guest

My Boss and I actually each ordered one of these no print wonder holsters recently; I got one for my 19 and he got one for his Sig P320 compact. After getting it in the mail, I went home and after finally getting it on, I wore it around for a while and absolutely HATED it. It sucks, because I was excited for this holster and really wanted to like it, but no matter how I adjusted the ride height, or cant, carry position I could not bring myself to like it. I thought it was just me, but when I saw my boss at work the next day he asked me what I though of it, and was relieved to hear that he wasn't the only one who hated it. We were in complete agreement that this is hands down the most uncomfortable IWB holster either of us have ever worn.

I will say that clinger has excellent customer service and after I contacted them about it, they told me to send it back and refunded me all my money.

5. bmmechan

bmmechan Registered Member

There is nothing comfortable about carrying a chunk of steel on your hip. . . . but it is Comforting to know that you have it. The key purpose of a conceal carry holster is to conceal and the best way to do that is to have one of the belt loops directly underneath the pistol grip. That way, when your belt curves around your body it will pull that belt clip closer into your body, which also pulls the pistol grip closer into your body. And wa'la !!! its concealed. From what I have found, clinger does it best, and I can wear an XDs with shorts and t-shirt in the middle of the summer, without it printing. All holsters will print in some way, unless you wear a moomoo, and I am an average build, No V shape torso so its harder for me to conceal without wearing a balloon. So in my opinion, clinger is great for concealing a pistol. And I have no issue wearing it all day out and about. But if you are out for comfort then maybe an IWB holster aint for you. I have even tried a cross breed type holster but since the belt clips are so far apart and the backing is flexible leather, it wasn't effective for conceal carry. But everyone is different, so as long as you have something that works and you train with your equipment then that is all that matters.

112 likes this.
  6. 112

112 Guest

I'm going to have to disagree with that. With the right holster and belt, carrying a chunk of steel on your hip can be very comfortable. People aren't going to be diligent about carrying if they aren't comfortable, so finding the right set up is important. I've been comfortably carrying IWB for over 10yrs now and have tried out many different holsters; IMO the no print wonder has been the worst I have tried so far. Just my .02, for what it's worth.

7. Mark Brooks

Thanks everyone for the great advise. I had an old wore out IWB I used for years and loved it , but it wore out. I found the manufacturer of it and ordered another. Again Thanks for the help
    Ace Case Manufacturing, LLC
    160 North Main Street, St. Clair
    63077, Missouri
    United States
    US TOLL FREE: Toll Free (800) 544-0008
    Missouri: Local Phone (636) 629-4994
    Fax: Fax (636) 629-3536
    Email *: sales@acecase.com

112 likes this.
  8. Scsmith42

Scsmith42 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I know that you have already ordered your holster, but I wanted to put in a plug for the N82 (Nate Squared) holster. I have found mine to be extremely comfortable and it does a great job of securing the pistol yet allowing a relatively fast draw.

Plus they are made right here in NC.

Mark Brooks likes this.
  9. Mark Brooks

Im always looking and will check it out. If I like it I will try it out. Thanks for your time

10. Mark Brooks

I plan to try one out....Original Holster Series It looks like the one I use

11. draco88

draco88 Registered Member

If you need holsters in the future, be sure to check out one of our local craftsmen here on the forum, chiefjason. He makes about anything you could need. He does quality work, and many members here, myself included, swear by his products.
    To see his catalog, google 'chiefjason holsters photobucket'
    I would post the link, but I keep getting this crazy popup. Maybe you won't if you google it.
    I hope you enjoy the one you ordered and it is what you need.

12. J.Boyette

J.Boyette Teacher of the Craft Lifetime Member

Never forget reholstering is just as important as the other factors.

And a reload or BOG

Mark Brooks likes this.
  13. Scsmith42

Scsmith42 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I have the professional model. At first I did not think that I would like the retention system, but now I would not want to do without it.

Mark Brooks likes this.