CSC is out of legal compliance with my personal info. Please respond

Discussion in 'FAQ's & Club Rules' started by tanstaafl72555, Dec 23, 2016.

1. tanstaafl72555

tanstaafl72555 Permanently Banned Lifetime Member

@soreshoulder
    @NEO
    @SecondMedia

Privacy laws state clearly that any public website which gathers information which may be used to identify you MUST have a prominent statement clearly displayed on how it uses that private information. To my knowledge, CSC has had no such statement that I can find and has never had such.

This puts the use of my information at risk of misuse, and exposes CSC to legal liability for failure to comply with the legal strictures which govern both the required announcement and the policies that surround it.

Please rectify this so that we -as your good faith paying customers- may know how to move forward re: protection of our personal data.

I await your reply

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. SecondMedia

SecondMedia Staff Member

The site does not store personally identifiable information. You register and use the forum under an anonymous ID. There is no requirement of personal information that is stored. Your First Name, Last Name, Address is not required to use this site. I have responded to multiple threads like this the legal team as offered to remove any posting that you personally made if you yourself posted your Name or Address and then to anonymize and close your account.
    Nothing else you have posted here can personally identify you unless you yourself posted it.
    -Philip

3. tanstaafl72555

tanstaafl72555 Permanently Banned Lifetime Member

@SecondMedia
    @NEO
    @soreshoulder

You are aware of course that personal information may -and has been in rulings- considered to be much broader than simply who I am. Specifically, one may simply go into the "likes" I have received, peruse them, and identify a number of firearms I have purchased. This kind of information is far more dangerous than simply identifying who I am. Further, it is precisely the kind of information that Vertical would cough up upon request quicker than the prior owners would deposit a fat check for selling this info to you. This is why am asking you again, with an explanation as to why it is both legal and reasonable to ask, that my postings be removed from this site.

It is, further, a falsehood that the site maintains no personal information on me. I am assuming you are new in your administrative capacities here, and thus are simply factually confused rather than deliberately spreading false information. However, I can get you affidavits from prior moderators who will provide testimony that personal information is both in your files and available to the admin staff should they elect to use it.

The only reasonable way to ensure that this information is not subject to improper use is to wipe all posts with my name associated to them. This is, as I have stated, not a technically difficult job. You can run it with a few keystrokes. The fiscal considerations of this activity should not come into play here, as you are simply out of compliance with the law requiring you to post your policies on what you do with data revealing personal information.

Please let me know when I may expect you to respond to the essence of this request, which is, again, far more broad than whether you maintain a file with my dob, address and social.

I have no interest at this time in you deleting my posting privileges, and in fact, until this issue is resolved, am requesting that you not do so, as I have paid for a lifetime membership with its attendant privileges.

Thank you.

bashman likes this.
  4. Uncle_K

Uncle_K Hall of Shame

Can you comb through and see each members pm's?

I was asked for a birthday and email when signing up, and signed up under a different TOS, as Soreshoulder nor Neo never had me acknowledge this current one that mysteriously came about. The old one is cached and other members have screenshots, so this new one you are using to deny the requests of members to delete posts isn't the correct TOS for many of them . Other information is potentially personal identity info in PM's that is stored, as users of this site did classified trading. They may have Names, addresses, phone numbers, even photo copies of ID's since they did gun trading.

Anyway I find it very strange that several members are reporting receiving telemarketing calls from Canada elsewhere and here. Probably just coincidence.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016