Disappointed

Discussion in 'Dealer & Firearm Reviews | Critiques' started by Brand On, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Brand On

Brand On Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Not sure if this is the correct place to post such a thread, but if it's not i am sure someone will correct me. I contacted ARguy about doing some cerakote work on a CZ i have. He said that he had never done a CZ but didn't think it would be an issue. So we proceeded to communicate and i finally dropped off the CZ with him on September the 8. i asked him then about how long it would take and he told me two weeks, but it might be three since he was getting a new machine that he had to install. On October the 6, I sent him a message to check in and he had not even started on it. He messaged me back on October 10 and said he all the parts coated and just had to reassemble the gun. On October 22nd i messaged him again to check in and he said he was almost done. Then on the 31st of October he messaged me and said that he could not get the pistol back together what did I want to do. We went back and forth with a couple of messages and agreed to meet on Saturday the 5th of November he was supposed to text me the time but i never heard from him. So i finally got my pistol back from him on the 16th of November with a ziploc bag of parts that he could not get in the pistol. Charged me full price for the cerakote job and said sorry. Just hit me wrong and like i said i was disappointed. After looking at the gun there are thin spots in the cerakote in places around the trigger guard. I had to take the pistol to a gunsmith to get it put back together and pay him what should have been done in the first place. ARguy is a nice enough guy, but i will never use him again.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Cowboysfan likes this.
  2. arguy

arguy Vendor Vendor

Well I guess its ok to weigh in here. First of all, I am truly sorry you are disappointed with how the CZ turned out. Most of what you typed above is accurate but you did leave out a few things. First, you were originally quoted $125 which consisted of $100 to cerakote the gun and $25 to take apart and put the gun back together. I told you up front that I had never done a CZ before and that we were in uncharted waters. I also told you up front that I had purchased a new blast cabinet and let you know there would be a delay. It is true that I couldn't figure out how to get the sear cage back into the frame. Im guessing that you didn't either as you said above that you wound up taking it to a gunsmith. Let the record also show that I didn't charge you anything for machining your new front sight when I installed the replacement tritium sights in the slide. Also for the record, the "ziplok bag of parts" consisted of the assembled sear cage and its pin along with a cover that installs over the sear cage pin. The rest of the pistol was assembled.

When I left you after our meeting at the Dunkin, I thought we had hashed this out and we were good. Now you come here to post and imply that I wasn't sensitive to the fact that you were disappointed. I even asked you to keep me advised of what finally happened with getting the %^&* sear cage back in the gun. If you would have PM'ed me instead of this, I would have offered to pay the difference minus the $25 I already knocked off to have a smith install the sear cage.

Threshold and B00GER like this.
  3. Brand On

Brand On Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I did make mention of your new machine in my post, but two months when you said it might be a little longer than two weeks. I also said i was disappointed when we meet at Dunkin that i was going to have to pay somebody to put it together. You did install the sights but if that was a big deal you could have said no in the beginning or charged me extra. So why didnt you just offer up to pay the difference while we were at Dunkin when i said something about it. Wither way it's done and this will be my last response no matter what.

4. ZedHound

ZedHound Hall of Shame

Seems like y'all have something's left o hash out before you drag the public into this. Make it private and report the final result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BurnedOutGeek

BurnedOutGeek SlayerNut - RIP

I moved this to dealer reviews section. The negative feedback is for negatives between members for private transactions.

This sounds like simple communications problems to me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    teamglock2002 likes this.
  6. ArbowAxle

ArbowAxle Registered Member

I would have put the CZ back together for you..... for a 6 pack o beer.

Silver_Bullet and teamglock2002 like this.
  7. carolina sorillo

carolina sorillo Registered Member

Should've went to Krispy Kreme instead of that Yankee owned joint!! Then everything would've worked out fine. It's not called "Southern Hospitality" for nothing!

Flame on:D,
    C.S.

majdurham, premise and NonamehaveI like this.
  8. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

I've sent a firearm to arguy before, a few years ago. I recall him stating to disassemble the slide upfront, that he was familiar with some common firearms but wasn't an expert gunsmith on many platforms.

Given his prices to ceracokte I couldn't complain. He did a good job. Assembly I wouldn't complain about given what he stated up front. Thin areas of cerakote would be a concern if one paid for that work. Do you have pictures of this work / claim since you are leaving negative feedback? Things do happen, I've went back on certain home improvement work I've missed myself. No one is always perfect. How you deal with a problem is what counts.

Have you asked him if he would fix it in a pm before leaving this negative vendor feedback?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    gunbelt likes this.
  9. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

@Brand On

10. richard corn

richard corn Registered Member

no one mentioned how the coffee and donuts were???

NonamehaveI likes this.
  11. kendradad

kendradad Registered Member

Popcorn is good. :)