"escrowshipping.ga" anybody use this to protect buyer/seller?

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by csecrist, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:46 PM.

1. csecrist

csecrist Registered Member

I was trying to buy a pistol off Armslist, out of state(Nevada). He text me back suggesting we use escrowshipping.ga to protect us both. I never used nor heard of this before. Anyway, he said he wouldn't be home to ship it until he returned from vacation. So I asked where he was, he replied Figure 8 Island. Not sure he's there or not but when I suggested we get together in person, I put cash in his hand, exchange copy of DL's and CCP's, write up a basic contract/bill of sale stating he'll ship it upon his return to Nevada. He said great! But it never happened, all day texting excuse after excuse. Then it was back to using the above escrow shipping service. It just seems sketchy to me, doesn't mean it is. Just my gut feeling and I've got a big gut!
    So any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated

2. dudley

dudley Registered Member

I've never heard of it.. but that don't mean to much..
    but I am learning more everyday "to trust the gut"...

3. mikep7m10

mikep7m10 Registered Member

RUN!

Sounds like the same excuses when I offered to buy a gun off the internet. I knew it was fake because the pictures were of MY gun.

4. Bodie

Bodie Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

THIS>>, and the fact a quick search shows no info on "escrowshipping.ga", I'd pass (unless your gut is proven wrong or you find an alternative safe process)

5. csecrist

Yeah Mike, that would be a big red flag! HaHa
    Did you buy a P7 off me afew years back down here in Wilmington?

6. csecrist

Me too Dudly...
    Yeah Bodie, And that's what did it for me. I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't being paranoid