Galco Miami Classic modified with Blackhawk shoulder holster Serpa

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing | Firearm Assembly | Troubleshooting' started by bradman, Mar 12, 2017.

1. bradman

bradman Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

So, I've been a Miami Classic fan for years and have worn several of the Galco rigs for many years modifying the firearm holster to ride like the "Jackass" version. After Blackhawk came out with their version of a shoulder holster for the popular Serpa holster, I had often wondered how it would work if I could use the Serpa attachment on my Galco rig. I had a problem with my Galco holster carrying my Colt Commander cocked and locked in the Miami Classic because the strap had nothing to lock onto. It needed the hammer down to be safely carried as I liked the butt of the gun facing more toward the ground. In this configuration it is more comfortable and is easier to draw. I realized the Serpa would solve my problem.

Well, one of the members on here had one for sale and I bought it. After receiving it, I took off the holster platform and replaced my firearm holster on the Miami Classic with it. I then added the Serpa for my Colt Commander. I could now carry my gun in condition one and it would be locked into the holster.

If you have these components laying around, it is well worth the time and trouble to put this together. It is very comfortable, very safe, easily accessible and it's easy to lock it back in after use.

Check out the pictures and forgive their clarity. I did the best that I could. If this post is in the wrong place, I'm sorry, it was the best fit that I could find. Thanks for reading my findings. DSC02080.JPG DSC02077.JPG DSC02088.JPG

2. Sharps4050

Sharps4050 Registered Member

Looks great. Only one minor problem....entire gun and holster assembly is hanging under the "wrong" armpit! :)

bradman likes this.
  3. bradman

bradman Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

LoL, it looks that way because I took a mirror shot. Good eye!

Here's a better pic. The holster was still out of adjustment a bit for me so I got this photo while we were adjusting it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Sharps4050 likes this.
  4. Sharps4050

Sharps4050 Registered Member

I wondered because it didn't look south paw sitting on the bench. Now it looks happy!

bradman likes this.
  5. copdills

copdills Registered Member