Griffin Questions

Discussion in 'NFA/ Tax Stamp required' started by dallasb, Apr 5, 2017.

1. dallasb

dallasb Registered Member

So I'm looking at picking up a 9mm silencer. Am seriously considering the Griffin rev 9/45/Optimus. This will be used on a 9mm carbine or g19 for the most part. I already have a 22 and 30cal suppressor so it doesn't HAVE to be able to run those.

What are your guys thoughts? Any others I should consider? Budget wise I would like to be less than 900 OTD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tobrooks

tobrooks Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I have a Gemtech Tundra that I use on my 9mm carbine and g19 but I don't think they make them anymore. Scott has some on sale if you want to look http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/ Also Silencerco is still running that $200 deal that you can use at their web store thru the end of April.

3. phulish

phulish Registered Member

If you don't need a multi-cal can, I'd rule out the Optimus and save your self a couple hundred. The money spent on accessories and mounts add up real quickly. Plus if it's strictly for 1 caliber, a dedicated 9mm can would be quieter. I personally have an Optimus in jail right now but it'll be my first one so a multi-cal can made more sense than buying 2. Whatever you decide on, research accessories for price and availability. For example, Silencerco Harvester is a multi-cal can, but end caps and pistons are sold separately.

4. jkupp2000

jkupp2000 Sponsor

I would also rule out the Optimus. Its heavy on the G19. I have a few Rev45 gen2's left at a discounted price as well. They also include the Trump Bucks, so that's an added $200 for accessories on Griffins website. Great way to add a three lug or more pistons.

5. jkupp2000

jkupp2000 Sponsor

Griffin Armament Resistance 45 $559.99 Trump Bucks($200 Rebate)

Griffin Armament Rev45 $629.99 Trump Bucks($200 Rebate)

Griffin Armament M4SD $539.99 Trump Bucks($200 Rebate)

Griffin Armament 30SD $829.99 Trump Bucks($200 Rebate)

geerubb likes this.