GRNC Alert 03-13-17 SPONSOR AND SUPPORT THE OMNIBUS FIREARMS BILL

Discussion in 'Grass Roots North Carolina (GRNC)' started by DWFR, Mar 14, 2017.

1. DWFR

DWFR Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

HELP MOVE THE OMNIBUS GUN BILL FORWARD

Rep. Michael Speciale (R-3) is currently crafting an omnibus firearms bill that will benefit all North Carolina gun owners, and it would make North Carolina a safer state for all law abiding citizens. This bill is expected to be filed on Tuesday.

The bill includes a variety of important amendments such as clarifying the definition of educational property, removing any CHP holder from harm's way if he/she is in the presence of an off-campus school extracurricular event in certain public locations but is not participating in the event, clarifying CHP eligibility for veterans, and extending the period of a CHP to 10-years.

We expect the usual resistance from the anti-freedom folks, and we want to make sure that all of our representatives know that they'll have the support and backing of law-abiding gun owners like you. To do this, we are asking you to send an email to your representative expressing your support for this bill, and encouraging your representative to sign on as a sponsor, and to support this bill.

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
    • Find your representative using this link: http://www.ncleg.net/representation/WhoRepresentsMe.aspx
    • If your representative is Michael Speciale (R-3) or Larry Pittman (R-82), then please email them a quick note of thanks for sponsoring this omnibus gun bill.
    • If your representative is anyone other than Speciale or Pittman, then please email your representative and encourage him/her to support Rep. Speciale's omnibus gun bill, and encourage him/her to sign on as a sponsor and supporter. We suggest you use the email template shown below.

DELIVER THIS MESSAGE

Suggested Subject:
    "Sponsor and Support the Omnibus Firearms Bill"

Dear Representative:

I am writing to you to express my support for the omnibus firearms bill that Rep. Michael Speciale (R-3) is expected to file on Tuesday, and to which Rep. Larry Pittman (R-82) has already signed onto as a prime sponsor. I would like for you to sign on as a sponsor of this bill (you will need to do this before 5:00 PM after the day of filing), and that you give it your full support as it moves through the legislative process.

As you help to move this pro-Second Amendment bill toward passage, please be aware that you have the full support of gun rights voters like me.

I will be monitoring your actions on this bill through Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.

Respectfully,

© 2017 Grass Roots North Carolina. All rights reserved. Reproduction and distribution is permitted provided full attribution is given and the item is reprinted in its entirety. Address questions to: President@GRNC.org

2. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Staff Member Staff Member