GRNC Alert 04-19-17 PRO-GUN BILLS MAY DIE

Discussion in 'Grass Roots North Carolina (GRNC)' started by DWFR, Apr 20, 2017 at 6:50 AM.

1. DWFR

DWFR Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

REPUBLICANS: RUNNING OUT
    THE CLOCK TO KILL GUN BILLS

Time is up, yet so-called "pro-gun" Republicans continue to drag their feet on gun bills. . .

Republicans must decide on MONDAY to move the bills, or else they will fail to make the Thursday 'crossover deadline,' killing them.

What good is a super majority if the party that enjoys it thumbs its collective nose at its constituency, and does no more to rollback the erosion of gun rights than the opposition party? Of course, the answer is, it does voters no good at all. So why are they there?

POLITICAL CAREERS ARE NOW AT RISK!

It’s time for members of the Republican Caucus, who enjoy the veto-proof majority that gun-voters like you gave them, to get the job done. If they won’t, perhaps they should confess that they were never really serious about the pro-gun stance they professed to take while vying for your vote.

No Compromise
    GRNC cannot and will not promote or support politicians who say one thing on the campaign trail, but won’t put their words into action once in Raleigh. GRNC truly is North Carolina’s only no-compromise gun rights group, and we will not allow Republicans to whistle past the political graveyard on serious Second Amendment questions.

Republicans in Raleigh must be made aware that you are watching, closely, and that their political careers are at risk. Below, under ‘Immediate Action Required’ and ‘Deliver this Message,’ see how you can easily let your representatives know what you think.

DON’T LET REPUBLICANS
    RUN OUT THE CLOCK ON GUN RIGHTS!

This is what we're talking about!

Click here, or the image below, to see a video that strikes a chord regarding the Super Majority NC Republicans currently enjoy, thanks in large part to gun owners like you:

[​IMG]

Video: Arkansas Times (YouTube)

click here to find your rep. (or go to:
    http://www.ncleg.net/representation/WhoRepresentsMe.aspx)
    * Sponsors of the pro-gun bills do not need a phone call. If your rep is one of these people, please refrain from calling him/her:
    Jay Adams, Mark Brody, Justin Burr, George Cleveland, Chris Millis, Larry Pittman, Michael Speciale, and Linda Hunt Williams.

DELIVER THIS PHONE MESSAGE
    ON MONDAY:

Hello, I’m a North Carolina gun rights voter, and I'm calling to inform [my representative] that I am fully aware that the Republicans in Raleigh are trying to run out the clock on pro-gun legislation. This makes me wonder why we, the voters, have given them the majority in the first place.

I called earlier this session to let leadership know that I expect them to move pro-gun bills, the bills that, while on the campaign trail, the [senator/representative] assured us were a priority. The following bills have not yet been sent to the floor, and time is up. This must happen immediately.
    • NC Constitutional Carry Act (H746)
    • Omnibus Gun Changes (H588)
    • Concealed Handgun Standardization Act (H438)
    I now find that I have to call back and demand that these bills be moved toward passage, immediately, or political careers will be at risk. I can think of no reason to vote for Republicans if they aren't any more willing to rollback the erosion of my gun rights than the Democrats are. Get this done, or I'll likely be one of 150,000 gun rights voters to sit home in November, 2018. Thank you.
    NC House Copy/Paste Email List(s)
    (find copy/paste email text below this contact info).

You may need to send the email using each of the three lists below, to get through spam filters

Dean.Arp@ncleg.net; John.Bell@ncleg.net; Hugh.Blackwell@ncleg.net; John.Blust@ncleg.net; Jamie.Boles@ncleg.net; John.Bradford@ncleg.net; Bill.Brawley@ncleg.net; Dana.Bumgardner@ncleg.net; Mike.Clampitt@ncleg.net; Jeff.Collins@ncleg.net; Debra.Conrad@ncleg.net; Kevin.Corbin@ncleg.net; Ted.Davis@ncleg.net; Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net; Josh.Dobson@ncleg.net; Nelson.Dollar@ncleg.net; Andy.Dulin@ncleg.net; Jeffrey.Elmore@ncleg.net; John.Faircloth@ncleg.net; Carl.Ford@ncleg.net;

John.Fraley@ncleg.net; Holly.Grange@ncleg.net; Destin.Hall@ncleg.net; Kyle.Hall@ncleg.net; Jon.Hardister@ncleg.net; Kelly.Hastings@ncleg.net; Cody.Henson@ncleg.net; Craig.Horn@ncleg.net; Julia.Howard@ncleg.net; Pat.Hurley@ncleg.net; Frank.Iler@ncleg.net; Linda.Johnson2@ncleg.net; Bert.Jones@ncleg.net; Brenden.Jones@ncleg.net; Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net; Donny.Lambeth@ncleg.net; David.Lewis@ncleg.net; Chris.Malone@ncleg.net; Susan.Martin@ncleg.net; Pat.McElraft@ncleg.net; Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net; Allen.McNeill@ncleg.net; Tim.Moore@ncleg.net;

Gregory.Murphy@ncleg.net; Larry.Potts@ncleg.net; Michele.Presnell@ncleg.net; Dennis.Riddell@ncleg.net; David.Rogers@ncleg.net; Stephen.Ross@ncleg.net; Jason.Saine@ncleg.net; John.Sauls@ncleg.net; Mitchell.Setzer@ncleg.net; Phil.Shepard@ncleg.net; Bob.Steinburg@ncleg.net; Sarah.Stevens@ncleg.net; Scott.Stone@ncleg.net; Larry.Strickland@ncleg.net; John.Szoka@ncleg.net; John.Torbett@ncleg.net; Rena.Turner@ncleg.net; Harry.Warren@ncleg.net; Sam.Watford@ncleg.net; Donna.White@ncleg.net; Larry.Yarborough@ncleg.net; Lee.Zachary@ncleg.net;

DELIVER THIS EMAIL MESSAGE

Suggested Email Subject:
    "Move Gun Bills or Political Careers are at Risk"

Dear Representative:

I am writing today to demand that you move the important gun bills that continue to languish in committee. Time is up, the crossover date is fast approaching, and gun-rights voters are seeing as much pro-gun action out of Republicans as they usually do out of Democrats. This is not acceptable.

Gun-rights voters like me have given your party a super majority for the precise purpose of repairing the erosion of gun rights that has occurred over recent decades. If you are actively working to get committee hearings for these bills, I thank you. If not, understand that I have every intention of joining 150,000 other gun owners to sit out the 2018 election. I cannot in good conscience support a politician who says one thing about the Second Amendment while on the campaign trail, but takes no viable action in Raleigh when given the opportunity.

The trivial gun bills that you have already passed this session are not enough. Gun voters will not settle for bread crumbs. I demand that you move the following important bills, immediately:

• NC Constitutional Carry Act (H746)
    • Omnibus Gun Changes (H588)
    • Concealed Handgun Standardization Act (H438)
    Your pro-gun voting base is watching. They know, with the Super Majority you enjoy, there are no excuses. We expect you to immediately move these bills through committee and on to the House floor for a vote. I know that Republicans have the ability to make this happen, and failure will not be accepted.

I will continue to monitor your actions on this matter through alerts from Grass Roots North Carolina, and I will remember in November.

Respectfully,

Copyright Info
    ----------------------

© 2017 Grass Roots North Carolina. All rights reserved. Reproduction and distribution is permitted provided full attribution is given and the item is reprinted in its entirety. Address questions to: President@GRNC.org

----------------------

2. Indy

Indy Not Subscribed

Does anyone know how this went?