1. Mainiac

Mainiac Registered Member

First thanks for the add. I'm a transplant from Maine where I spent my first 60 years but when my wife retired we moved to Sumter, SC to be close to the grandkids. I have hunted since is was about 12 and reloaded most of 50 years and I am still learning. After we moved I was a bit disappointed in not being able to find bluegrass or places to shoot. I was a volunteer range officer at Manchester Range but when the management changed we were told we were no longer needed. Now they are open half of the time they were and still can't seem to find enough paid range officers to keep it open at that. The range has ran downhill and is not what I could call a good place to shoot. For instance, we used to make sure the target boards were cleaned of staples before the shooter left. Now you will get stuck with staples when you pick up your target board. But enough bout that. I am still looking for a range to shoot at and do enjoy good competitive shooting.

Tin40 likes this.
  2. Tin40

Tin40 U.S. Army (Retired)

Welcome to the Club!

3. copdills

copdills Registered Member

welcome to the forum Sir

4. Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider Invictus Club Subscribed

Welcome!

5. lufbro

lufbro Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Welcome

6. Rdinatal

Rdinatal Well-Known Member

Welcome from a former NewHampshire'ite. Love the screen name! Ah, you didn't bring any black flies with you, right?!?

-R
    #BlackFliesLivesMatter...

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Moxie & Humpty Dumpty chips.
    Mmmmmmmm....

8. Mainiac

Mainiac Registered Member

I sure didn't try to bring any blackflies with me, lol. It sure riles me though that it is almost impossible to find a good place to shoot. The first house we bought, I would just step outside to try a new load or shoot whatever critter needed it. Now I have to wait till it's convenient for someone to open the local range and I use the term "range" loosely. I don't mind the milder winters and we head north for a coupla months about in June but I never did mind the snow or cold, it's all in knowing how to deal with it. I'm still waiting patiently for DNR to get their collective fingers out and get the Indigo range opened. I contacted DNR in August about helping them out with hunter safety classes but I guess they must be all set cuz here I sit. BTW, I was an instructor in Maine for Hunter Safety, Bow Safety and Crossbow Safety. Now 6 years in the Carolinas and have met some wonderful people.