I done did it now

Discussion in 'AK47' started by ikarus1, Sep 1, 2016.

1. IrishCannon

IrishCannon Hall of Shame

I got a dong right here for ya.

2. IrishCannon

I polished the wrong side of the hammer and waayyyy gritty...took it out and polished the other side. Much better. I will probably do some extra work on it. Pull is far heavier than the G2 that was in there, but the wall is MUCH more pronounced. I can see how this would be good for accuracy.

Now I just need to take the other hammer I have and replace it on the other G2. I have no idea what it is. Came in addition to an M10-762 I bought back in 2012 from a buddy here on CSC. Marked with a "C" on it. Possibly just whatever Romania was shipping with their WASR's back then? No idea. The M10 had a G2 in it, but this was an extra FCG he gave me.

3. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

You call that a dong? A dingle at most...but hey, my mom told me I was special too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky13bullets likes this.
  4. IrishCannon

tomato, tomAHto

5. Inebriated

Inebriated Active Member

Just make sure you do a roll-off test, and make sure everything works as it should!

6. IrishCannon

Roll-off test? I'm not familiar with that.

7. Inebriated

Inebriated Active Member

Cock the hammer with the trigger back, so the disconnector grabs it, and slowly roll off the trigger (and I mean physically roll your finger off for the most control) so that you get the slowest handoff of the hammer between the disconnected and trigger.

If there's a tolerance issue, the hammer won't get caught by the trigger as you release, and the rifle will fire. It's recommended with all AK's and AR's just the same, but especially after any trigger work is done or a new trigger installed. It can result in a hammer follow at best, or an AD at worst.

IrishCannon likes this.