Long range precision rimfire rifle

Discussion in 'Rimfire Rifles' started by Gear Head, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Lager

Lager Registered Member

Cycle thru a few magazines worth of ammo and examine the heads for scraping, might have to adjust the feed lips on the mag for a clean feed. Other then that, looked just like mine.
    Have fun shooting it.

2. Gear Head

Gear Head Registered Member

I have a new favorite gun! This thing is incredible. I didn't even shoot my quality ammo I got to test because I could hit anything I wanted with the crappy bulk federal target ammo I run in my 15-22. I did all my shooting at 50 yds since that's all I could do at my buddy's place. I shot 22 brass, birthday candles, and split playing cards with ease.

[​IMG]

Can't wait to test quality ammo and stretch this thing out as far as it will go.

East of Here and JimP42 like this.
  3. East of Here

East of Here Registered Member

Told ya! They are so accurate it is sick.

4. East of Here

East of Here Registered Member

This was a 5 round group I shot today at 25 yards in gusty winds. I just popped an empty case into the group for photo scale. The odd hole sticking out on the lower right in line with the primer strike was the 5th round. I was trying so hard to put it through the other hole where the first 4 went, I got antsy and jinxed my damn self!

5group.jpg

Gear Head likes this.
  5. Gear Head

If it's not windy tomorrow I may shoot my good ammo for groups and see if I can get any tighter. Even shooting bulk stuff at 50 yds I was shooting groups that were all inside of a shoot n see paster. I'm ready for my dang yo dave kit to get here so I can swap springs and get my pull weight down

6. Natebone

Natebone Not Subscribed

I recently got the hankering for one of the Tacticool's myself. Picked it up Friday. Smoothed the bolt and firing pin. Went Yodave blue shim and an Ace #144 spring for a 1.7lb trigger. Shot on Saturday. I was blown away with how consistently accurate it was at 52 yards. I've got an Athlon Talos on mine, but want a little more power to really see how accurate it can be.
    [​IMG]

Gear Head likes this.
  7. Gear Head

I'm really glad I went with the Argos. On 24x power I can clearly see a piece of 22 brass at 50 yds.

My yodave kit came in today so I'll play around with shims and springs and see what I can get the trigger feeling like. Honestly though I really like the overall feel for the most part. I want it a little lighter though and I wish it had an overtravel stop.

8. Gear Head

So those that have installed the yodave kit.. it says to install largest shim first then step them down until sear makes contact then to step down one more shim to ensure a safe amount of contact surface. The red shim did not contact but the black did. I have the lightest spring in there and have tried the black, green, and blue and all fail the bump test with a dead blow. Does this mean I need to go up to the next stiffest spring?

9. ArbowAxle

ArbowAxle Registered Member

Ive never used a shim with the kit.

10. Gear Head

You should try it. It gives it a little nicer break by reducing the contact area against the sear. I swapped to the second lightest spring and started with the black shim again, failed so I went to the next smallest shim (green) and it passes the bump test so I think this is going to be the lightest, most crisp trigger I can get and still be safe.

JimP42 likes this.
  11. Gear Head

Did some ammo testing today. Shot 7 different brands I think. This was my best group of the day if you take away the stupid flyer.. 5 shots at 55 yds with SK match in some moderate winds.

[​IMG]