M&p with apex Dead Trigger

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by Gear Head, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Gear Head

Gear Head Registered Member

I have a m&p with an apex fss kit and have never liked the weak reset so I got the apex RAM and installed. Dry fire felt awesome but I finally got a chance to go to the range yesterday and started experiencing an issue where the trigger will not reset. Slide is cycling full and in battery after firing around but the trigger is dead. I can rack the slide or push check and the trigger will reset and I can continue. I have never had an issue out of this gun until I stripped it down to install the RAM. Doing some research it seems that the main causes are the trigger bar loop not allowing enough overtravel and the sear spring being too weak and allowing the sear to flutter under recoil. Apex recommends the trigger bar loop to be set to .016" and I measured mine at .014" so that shouldn't be the issue and I don't see my sear spring magically becoming too weak at the same time I stripped it down to install the RAM. I have already stopped the gun down, did some cleaning on the sear block, and have it back together but have yet to do any live fire with it. With the slide off I did notice that without the RAM installed that the trigger bar is slightly easier to push out from under the sear when the trigger is pulled so I'm hoping this fixes the issue. Have any of you experienced a dead trigger? If so, what did it take to fix it?

I am registered for my first ever match Saturday so I need to get this figured out.

2. Gear Head

Gear Head Registered Member

So not that I got any responses but I will post up my findings in the case that someone else stumbles on this and finds the info useful. I got the gun out and did some more shooting today. I put the blue spring that comes with the fss kit on the ram and reinstalled. Still getting dead triggers. Swapped my buddies slide onto my frame to rule out a striker issue.. still got a dead trigger. I pull the sear block and pull the ram completely out.. gun ran flawless just as before. About 75 rounds through it with no RAM and zero dead triggers.