Newbie question: OWB Holster legal with CCW

Discussion in 'SC Concealed Carry' started by PierWithBeer, Sep 2, 2016.

1. PierWithBeer

PierWithBeer Registered Member

Hi all - newbie question here. I do not have my CWP license yet, but I am taking my class next saturday and should get it whenever SLED approves my card.

Question is: I'm a pretty heavy guy - 5'10" 250 lbs (give or take). I carry it mostly in a beer gut with skinny legs and a skinny chest (like the bad guy from the Sonic the Hedgehog).

Anyway, I picked up a N82 holster for my Glock 43 and its awfully hard to holster / unholster with my makeup being the way it is. With that particular holster, you have to twist it inward to release the firearms. It can be difficult.

I wasnt able to find any definitive answer anywhere - but is OWB carry legal here, as long as it is concealed by a shirt or other garment? If so, what special precautions to I need to take, and if not - can someone suggest either a better holster for a guy my size?

Im very paranoid about a ND while carrying, so something with a positive lock would be best to ease my mind a bit.

2. Catfish

Catfish 'Murica! eh? Club Subscribed

You're asking about SC carry right? I sure hope concealed OWB is legal because I do it all the time. Just make sure your shirt is long enough, doesn't ride up, and that a breeze can't blow it open.
    I didn't like the N82 holster either. I wear a @chiefjason OWB leather pancake daily. It does not include active retention but the gun is very secure to the point that wrestling and tumbling do not dislodge it.

3. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Concealed is concealed so long as it's covered and not in plain viewing you're good. Some states stretch it to mean it must be Concealed and not obvious but I don't believe SC falls into that bunch

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4. PierWithBeer

PierWithBeer Registered Member

Thanks fellas. I am a refugee from a communist state, where everything (and I mean everything) is illegal with a few exceptions. The inversion of thinking has been challenging, lol.

Beachdude and Mursenary like this.
  5. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

You can carry your gun however you like in SC as long as it's covered with a garment of some type. Printing does not matter, and if you show a bit of it by accident, like bending over, you are ok in SC as long as you are not intentionally brandishing at someone. In NC it's an open carry state, so no concerns what so ever.

There are no laws stating how you must carry, iwb, owb, ECT. You can slide it between your butt cheeks and be legal, although that is not advisable;)

Beachdude likes this.
  6. chiefjason

chiefjason Vendor Vendor

I can hook you up with a holster for that gun. Pm me and I can get you pics and prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. rantingredneck

rantingredneck Disposable apparently Lifetime Member

Do this ^....

8. Beachdude

Beachdude Registered Member

I love my N82, but I went with the original instead of the professional, for the reason you mentioned. I didn't like the idea of having to twist to remove.

9. lucky13bullets

lucky13bullets Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

^ second this....