Odd CHinese SKS..

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics' started by zombienetwork, Jan 27, 2016.

1. zombienetwork

zombienetwork Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Saw one today marked DP...I have found some vague info on the net but wondering if anyone here has one.

2. MarkG

MarkG Registered Member

Please take this with a cup of salt. I seem to remember that when I was looking for an Enfield that Rifles marked "DP" were no longer safe to shoot and were used for Drill Purposes.

3. zombienetwork

The consensus on these is that DP indicates it was meant for Pakistan.

4. Shortfuze

Shortfuze U. S. Military Club Subscribed

DP on enfields does mean drill purpose but that is only for enfields or some other british weapons. Also there is normaly yellow paint on DP enfields.

5. eviluncleal

eviluncleal Registered Member

I have 2 DP Norinco one is just a receiver the other a good shooter. The DP in this case does not have anything to do with serviceability but is a rarer series of receiver markings

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

6. zombienetwork

I did find one source online that stated it was just part of the factory markings for some models. Apparently added nothing to the value as it was not really unique so much as uncommon.

That SKS finally moved thankfully as it was tempting me each time I went into that shop.

What with the recent purchase of an ak I think the sks 20 round factory magazine I traded for may be rendered unnecessary as I don't see an SKS in my near future.

7. eviluncleal

eviluncleal Registered Member

I hope this is not too bad of a ne ropost but I am in possession on a SKS DP receiver it is fully functional I know because I have trial fit it with all the parts not only that but I work at a major automotive parts supplier/manufacturer level 1a and have access to a Magna flux crack checker that's right I can do real mpi inspection a do is rarer than most and not junk

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk