Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics' started by savage, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Hamman

Hamman Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Milsurps

[​IMG]

Here are a few of my more interesting milsurps,
    Top- #4 Enfield, Made in USA by Savage for Lend lease

Middle-1891 Mosin nagant, Made in USA by New England Westinghouse for the Tsar in 1915, it has a SA stamp meaning that it was captured during the 1919 Winter war by the Finns and reissued for use against the Bolsheviks.

Bottom-Carcano calvary carbine

2. Colonel_ICE

Colonel_ICE Member

new mosin

This is from my new Mosin a 1928 Tula from 50 yards, first time I have shot any rifle in 4 years. I'm in love, (and in pain from the heavy ball ammo) lol

Attached Files:

3. Tucker13

Tucker13 Registered Member

Nice Thumb holed SKS!! Is it an SKS-D or SKS-M. I had one just like that back in the mid 1990's. Picked it up brand new at a pawn shop in Gastonia for like $250. Still kicking myself in the ass for getting rid of it!!:sad:

4. Guncrank

Guncrank Registered Member

Pictures...

A few that seldom seen anymore...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pirate likes this.
  5. DirtySCREW

DirtySCREW Member

What gun is this with the stripper clip?? I've never seen it before--DirtySCREW

6. Indy

Indy Not Subscribed

It's a Steyr M1912.

7. DirtySCREW

DirtySCREW Member

What caliber is it? I think I see something 9mm on one of the boxes.

9mm??

--DirtySCREW

8. Indy

Indy Not Subscribed

It was a custom cartridge made for this gun called 9mm Steyr (which is why all his boxes of bullets are so old, afaik it was the only gun to use that cartridge).

9. pirate

pirate Ad Victoriam Club Subscribed

Some of my milsurp collection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. rclinton

rclinton Registered Member

Heres a few photos of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. charliesgrave

charliesgrave Anne Murray sucks.

12. pirate

13. Catfish

Catfish 'Murica! eh? Club Subscribed

I picked up this M44 today from Aim Right in Rock Hill. It's a 1944 Izhevsk in great shape and I think I got a good price on it even in the current anti-gun media maelstrom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. gator45

gator45 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Hakim 001.jpg Sights on this Ole Egyptian Hakim 8mm are set for 200 yards in the first click. Sand dune to sand dune style

15. Underfire13

Underfire13 Registered Member

1891 Argentine Mauser In picking up tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

16. lpcard

lpcard USN-Ret Club Subscribed

You can look up the markings on the top of the receiver and see what model (and therefore caliber) the rifle is. The Arisaka was tested pretty extensively after the war and found to have the strongest actions of any weapons used in that conflict.

http://oldmilitarymarkings.com/japanese_markings.html

I can't really tell if that's a type 38 (6.5x50) or a type 99 (7.7x58), but either way make sure it gets checked out before shooting it. Some of the war bring-backs were trainers with smooth bores that weren't designed for live rounds. If it's a shooter buy the dies and reload for it because they are expensive to feed otherwise.

I have a Type 30 carbine. It is my favorite gun.

17. lpcard

lpcard USN-Ret Club Subscribed

I guess I could have posted a picture...

[​IMG]

18. MAJOR BALLS

MAJOR BALLS Registered Member

my war horse's/1939 tula all matching #'s,and my early model chinese sks,all matching #'s

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  19. mr weekend

mr weekend Registered Member

Can you identify the rifle and the girl?

P1000212.JPG

20. mr weekend

mr weekend Registered Member

Here's another unusual one: Most accurate semi-auto C&R?????

IMG_1797.jpg

21. olskool

olskool Registered Member

IMG_3193.jpg here is my british no.5 jungle carbine, it has a vintage s&k bolt on steel scope base mount.

22. cranbiz

cranbiz Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

My newest Milsurp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. pirate

Hakim 8mm Mauser?

24. mckenziedrums

mckenziedrums Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

This post needs more pictures.... I've had a chance to take a few photos lately. I'm still not up to the standard a lot of folks on this forum have set but I'm getting better at least!

1903A3 Remington ('43)
    New03A3Photos-1.jpg

1903A3 Smith Corona
    SmithCorona03A3-10.jpg

1937 K98 Russian Capture (s/42 build)
    1937_K98_RC-5.jpg

1938 s/42 K98
    1938_s42_k98-1.jpg

1915 GEW98
    1915_GEW98-2.jpg

25. Boozoo

Boozoo Registered Member

Guess I should join in, finally.... I read here all the time. See a lot of taste similar to mine,... wish I had that AG42, but I busted the bank this year on Jerry rifles. :)

One of my first purchases before I even dreamed of getting a C&R... nothing special. Just a Budapest m95, but I'd had a fascination with m95's ever since I was a kid ogling Dad's uncut Steyr m95. For me, decoding markings and understanding the design is half the fun.

IMG_6385.jpg

Not long after I did get my C&R, I bought a Bulgarian crested one. I also have a BRNO crest, but the arsenal refurb faded the crest a bit.

IMG_6377.jpg

My Chinese Type 53. I normally don't refinish something unless its value is shot and I'm trying to "save" it.... this fit that bill more or less. Metal was amazingly good. Wood was beyond horrible (no it wasn't a bring back... just one of those cheap imports). Rather than make it pristine, I prefer to clean it up and leave it with a more less "workhorse" look.
    20160206_151318.jpg
    20160206_151328.jpg

My Vz52. I had one other that I refurbed and sold.... had that black bedliner goop on it and missing lots of metal. Took forever, but as soon as I finished it I found this that a guy on Gunboards had converted to 7.62x39 by sleeving it with an SKS barrel. I can't even imagine how much time and labor that must have taken. Shoots great, but the old dog did double tap on me once.

IMG_8284.jpg

AD43576 likes this.
  26. Boozoo

Boozoo Registered Member

My Favorite Finn. Actually, Finn M39 and Swiss K31 are my favorite shooters, hands down.
    IMG_0179.jpg

Speaking of Finns....
    _MG_7632.jpg

Uno Mas....
    IMG_7833.jpg

G43 AC44 Wish the stock hadn't been sporterized, but I can't complain about the rest of it.
    IMG_8261.jpg

G98/40 JHV41
    20160206_145557.jpg

AD43576 likes this.
  27. Boozoo

Boozoo Registered Member

Gew 98 Spandau 1913
    20160220_130429.jpg

k98k - 27 1940 Don't why I'm partial to Erma's (wouldn't mind having a few other codes, but the lottery officials don't seem to recognize my losing tickets as winners yet).
    20160206_145253.jpg

My Kar98a. Bolt mismatch, not sure if it was an arsenal rework or someone after the war that did it. Well traveled piece with Imperial stamps, Nazi stamps, 1920 property mark, and Police unit markings.

_MG_7878.jpg

I forget where I found this little Carcano, but I can't seem to part with it, unlike the Finn'd Carcano I have.
    IMG_6821.jpg

Type 99 with a ground mum, but had the original monopod and AA sights, plus some interesting carvings/stamping by the the vet that brought it back (or so I assume).
    20150731_140002.jpg

Another project, but kind of minor. One of Samco's "bottom of the barrel" Swede M41B's. Scope mount is mismatched and needs fitting work. Rear sight was boogered and needed some straightening.
    IMG_7970.JPG

AD43576 likes this.
  28. Boozoo

Boozoo Registered Member

It's companion M96 had no such issues.
    IMG_0213.jpg

Fun fun rifle to shoot.... Swiss K11
    _MG_8173.jpg

Swiss K31 #1 . This one was a barreled action when I found it. Found a very "distressed" stock for it that I rehab'd and put it back into operation. One of the most surprising things I found (and something a purist might hate) is the venerable old M1 web sling fits these things perfectly.
    IMG_6830.jpg

So to keep the purists happy, there's the 1938 K31 with a fine-adjust rear sight and stinky old original sling. ;)
    IMG_8268.jpg

AD43576 likes this.
  29. Boozoo

Boozoo Registered Member

My M1 carbine - one of that CMP batch of returns from a few years ago when they sold out. Got lucky that it's a Winchester, and while some people don't like the extra markings, etc, I thought the "Bavaria Rural Police" was a cool added bit of history.
    20160206_150252.jpg

Had to have a Garand.... would like to have a WW II receiver someday, but this HRA is plenty good enough to last me a while. Has the grenade sight, too.
    IMG_6815.jpg

This one was a "tribute" to my grandfather. He was a machinist when WW II started, so the best he was allowed to do was join the Colorado National Guard (where I understand he took part in putting down a miner's strike!). My cousin got all his guns, including his RIA scant stocked '03, so I did the next best thing and found one so similar, it's eery (same SN block, same barrel date, etc). Didn't really have to do anything to it other than clean it and add a repro sling.
    20160206_150930.jpg

I have to admit though, the m1917 is my favorite to shoot, specially with its NOS stock to sit in while the original death-eating-crackers-looking stock finds out how cozy the closet is. This one has a little "X" on the receiver that no one has yet been able to tell me what it was. Some speculated that meant Greek service, but I had read that was usually marked on the stock. The original stock to this one is beat to hell, but no markings like that.
    20160206_150632.jpg

AD43576 likes this.
  30. Boozoo

Boozoo Registered Member

All right.... one more batch and I'll shut up for a while!

M91 sniper refurb (one of those MOLOT's from AIM a while back). Gotta love that old chair. No wonder ladies won't come over to the house. :)
    IMG_0266.JPG

My M44... this one was a post war receiver, but I have a hard time cutting it loose because it shoots so well.
    IMG_6540.jpg

My not-refurb'd not-Finn'd alleged bringback SVT40.
    20150731_140539.jpg

My first in a quest for a Russian SKS netted me a cheap deal on a Bubba's 1955 Tula. When I got it, it was sitting in a plastic Tapco stock, had one of the $2 30rd magazines clattering under it, and had a spike bayo. After a few false starts, I finally got some proper but distressed furniture for it and gave it a dyed BLO finish to approximate the Russian shellac. Replaced the wrong pieces. Shot the hell out of it. :) crinkle painted mixmaster but a joy of a rifle.
    IMG_5362a.jpg

Then I found a 1951 Tula matching.... and I swore I'd sell that mixmaster, but haven't been persuaded to do it yet. After all, "I'm getting paid next week.... I'll be ok." :-D

IMG_5362a.jpg

pirate and AD43576 like this.