PSA store and internet stockage?

Discussion in 'Dealer & Firearm Reviews | Critiques' started by leadchunker, May 18, 2016.

1. leadchunker

leadchunker Member

I have been trying to do a AR pistol build for about a year. I lack one item that hasn't been in stock almost as long. I need a stripped PSA upper Part#6123 for 69.95. This item is not in stock on the internet, but it is on hand at the brick and mortar store in Mt. Pleasant, SC. The salesman checked and sure enough they have alot of them on hand. They can't ship me one because they are not the internet store. I can come in and pick one up during normal store hours. I can't wrap my head around the problem. I know different inventories for each store become a nightmare for the stores if they don't keep them separate. Somebody needs to come up with a solution. I can't be the only customer wanting this part that doesn't live in SC.

2. Red Line

Red Line Vendor Vendor

Their Brick and mortar is a separate entity. They actually have 3 or 4 warehouses and their store will always get priority. I'll see if I can get in touch with my rep for you. He is usually pretty good with getting me parts that are out of stock online.

3. WNC Seabee

WNC Seabee Former Member Lifetime Member

4. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Staff Member Staff Member

(edited out the comments about the lower, because reading) Why people go out of their way to support this bunch is beyond me. Pay a few bucks more and support a sponsor.

lucky13bullets and amnesia like this.
  5. leadchunker

leadchunker Member

My understanding of how a company sells a product to the consumer is not how it actually works. In my first post I explained my need, and the failure of PSA to fill that need. They must have read my mind on how to fix their on line sales problem. I received an email notifying me that the stripped upper I wanted was in stock. Yippie! I went to the web site and purchased the long awaited upper for my AR pistol build. I received conformation that the purchase went through. Yippie! A week went by before I decided to check on my purchase. I'm a busy guy so time goes by pretty fast. No shipping status, no tracking number, no nothing. I decide to check on my credit card bill to see if I had been charged for the upper. Yes It was charged to my card. I get on the phone and I was assured the problem would be resolved in short order. They cleared the whole thing up within 24 hours, I was impressed to say the least. They had a credit back to my account for the full purchase price of the upper. The web site shows zero on hand and I still don't have a stripped upper. No phone calls, or emails in regards to what happened. I guess I will get a stripped upper from another company, since that is my only option.

6. lucky13bullets

lucky13bullets Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Call me at the shop tomorrow and I can ship you an aero precision via 2 day flat rate

7. 11B CIB

11B CIB Taking a break, eh Club Subscribed

Like it has been said, their online inventory is different from in store. I just can't believe they won't price match. I was in the store getting powder and saw a BCG online in the daily deals for $89....it was $124 in store and they couldn't match it and since I wanted to pay cash, not plastic, they didn't sell one in either location

Their shipping has gotten better in the last couple orders I've seen though

But I have to say, if there was a @lucky13bullets near me, I'd never need PSA.

lucky13bullets likes this.
  8. lucky13bullets

lucky13bullets Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

We ship;)

9. leadchunker

leadchunker Member

Thanks for the offer Lucky. I have one coming from a forum vendor that contacted me before you posted.

10. Bigtigga01

Bigtigga01 Registered Member

Sorry to bump an old post but I still don't understand why they can't price match their own online store when a item is out of stock but it's on the shelf. This has happen to me twice in the last 2 months. Most recently with the FNX tactical that on sale for $799 but hasn't been in stock since the day it went on sale which was 3 weeks ago. Both the Summerville and Mt Pleasant stores have them on the shelf and I'm ready to buy cash. I can't even call and get someone on the phone to ask when they expect another shipment. I'm betting once the sale is over then it will magically be in stock.

11. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Registered Member

My guess is when they get it back in stock online it will be off sale also, they probably had a lot was available at the special price. The retail store and online are effectively different businesses.

12. cubrock

cubrock Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

As has been said, the retail operation and the on-line operation are two different business entities owned by the same group. They don't share inventory. They have different overheads. They really don't even communicate all that much between each other. I talked with PSA about the FNX .45 Tacticals. They had a small lot to sell at that price and they are long gone - they sold out in 3o minutes when they listed the first half and like 10 minutes when the listed the second half. They won't price match in the store as the store isn't the company that was blowing out excess inventory. The on-line sales division was. You have to be really fast and/or lucky when PSA blows out inventory like that on-line. They often do it at the end of the year, but I think this year there were more deals since they likely had stocked up on stuff for the expected Hillary election.

It works in reverse, too. Sometimes the stores have sales and the on-line division won't price match that.