Reading-comprehension problem in Classifieds?...

Discussion in 'Club News | How To's | Issues & Suggestions' started by jsb, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:52 PM.

1. jsb

jsb Registered Member

I can't really figure out if this is the right place to bring this up, or not - but this seems to be the "closest fit", so...here goes:

Maybe it's just me (although I don't really think it is) - and I do hate to come on like a Crusty Ol' Curmudgeon, or something - but...I seem to be seeing a gradually-increasing influx of people posting in the Classifieds who don't seem to understand how to follow written instructions...dunno - maybe it's some sort of reading-comprehension difficulty.

I just got through posting the following onto relatively-new listings in both the Handguns For Sale/Trade, and the Long Guns For Sale/Trade listings:

Urgently Needed!! - People listing in these Classifieds who can read and comprehend the plain English language as written, and the rules that are supposed to be followed!!

This is FOR SALE/TRADE; it is NOT for making listings for what people want to buy or trade for!! - That's WANTED, an entirely different classification.

Kindly stop putting-up listings for WANTED here - it just screws things up!!

Thank You!!

Maybe someone could make some suggestions as to how this kind of thing could be better-handled in future - Then again, as I say, maybe it's just me, and it's not any real sort of problem...if that's the situation, then I'll just quietly be on my way, and y'all can just ignore the whole thing.

Thanks anyway... :D:D

2. Sificolt

Sificolt Registered Member

I work with an old gal (never been out of the State) that openly takes every opportunity to ridicule others regardless of how much company time expended or petty the event. Some things are better solved by just putting them in their right place and moving on...

3. Restricted

Restricted Registered Member

It's probably just me, but the reason I made one in the for sale section is I never log into till I'm ready to post. So, when I was looking for appropriate forum, there was no Wanted Section; it only shows up after you log in.

4. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Staff Member Staff Member

feel free to report anything that is out of place and one of us will take care of it.