REMINGTON 1100 IN 20 GA. $$

Discussion in 'Shotgun Forum' started by lonewolf5347, Oct 23, 2016.

1. lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347 Registered Member

I like to ask any one have a close idea in to day market on a remington 1100 in 20 ga. vent rib single front bead 2 3/4 chamber 28" barrel fixed choke sells for to day???
    The gun is in near mint condition from what I seen .The gun serial number states made in 1974 one owner and the guy states he never hand any problems with it,He selling it only because it has become a safe queen
    I wonder were these made as a trap gun or field gun for small game.
    I would like to use it for sporting clays.

2. ulflyer

ulflyer Registered Member

Saw two at diff dealers the last Salisbury gun show that were super nice priced at $750-800. Prob too high but I had a handgun I wanted to trade worth bout that and got an LT20 in even trade. Check prices on Gunbroker.com

3. Lunkhead

Lunkhead Member

I have the same gun. Very similar production date. The early models were built on a 12 ga receiver. Mine has a 12 ga magazine tube, and the ring on the bottom of the barrel is 12 ga diameter. Not a big deal unless you decide you want a different barrel. Even the Remington rep told me "good luck". Just a heads up as you consider it.

4. chiefjason

chiefjason Vendor Vendor

I paid $650 OTD for an 1100 LT 20 youth model, rem chokes, a few years ago. But that was also a CSC price. IIRC he was asking $7-750. That or less and you are getting a decent deal. More than that would depend on condition and how bad you want it. From what I see 12 ga runs cheaper, and 20's can run a bit higher.

My daughter shot that 1100 for sporting clays until she outgrew it recently. What choke is it? Improved would be a good choke for Clays. Modified could work, depending on how many close shots. Full would be tough.

5. lonewolf5347

6. lonewolf5347

Well I went over the gun with a fine tooth comb there is not a single mark on the gun .I did mistake thinking it was a 28" barrel turned out to be 26" it has a Improve fixed barrel .I may have to roll the dice on it and hope it is a shooter.The guy i know him from the range we shoot at ,He stated maybe a box of shells when threw it on a trap rage then it was never fired again. I paid 475.00 for it I don't think I went wrong price wise .The Blueing excellent wood not a mark any were receiver not a mark on it blueing with scroll mint condition.gun was made in 1974

7. chiefjason

chiefjason Vendor Vendor

Good deal. If you don't like it you can sell it easy at that price. Guy on fb here has a Sam Walton English stock for $750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Dan

Dan Deplorable Club Subscribed

Does the sn. end in x?

9. lonewolf5347

YES