Ruger's new Precision Rifle

Discussion in 'The Snipers Nest' started by Dick Jones, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Dead and Remembering Lifetime Member

I dropped it off today at a guy I was recommended in Stanley NC, not far from my house.

2. MuzzerFuzzer

MuzzerFuzzer Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Yep... not too bad of a scope for the price. ;)

3. Barrett

Barrett Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Just picked up a V2 .308. I've been looking for a .308 for some time and read lots of reviews. I was torn between the .308 and 6.5 but in the end the .308 was what I found. Bought new at a local big box.

Now for optics. I have a lot of Vortex optics and have been very happy. I looked at a Burris Eliminator III and was surprised at how light it was. Might just put something on it to break in somewhere this week.

Attached Files:

xRHINOx likes this.
  4. Barrett

5. TracyT9

TracyT9 Registered Member

Good looking rifle! I have one in .243 that is a work in progress. I have added the bipod and muzzle brake, now just working toward a good scope!

6. Barrett

Thanks, took it to Wake County Gun Range in Apex to sight the scope in on their indoor 100 yard range. I had forgotten they had it. Sure does make for easy sighting in. Started at 50 yards and walked it in. Then setup at 100 and walked it to the center. My final 5 shots were in the center MOA square and all touching...and I'm not that good a shot! The rifle is that good.

Also, I've had people say "leave the break off" to improve accuracy. I'm pretty happy with the accuracy I'm getting and the break on the Gen 2 seems to do it's job.

I'm also planning to convert it to 6.5 Creedmoor at some point.