The CZ Scorpion Dilemma

Discussion in 'Military, Military Inspired Weapons, and C&R' started by Madmardigan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. cubrock

cubrock Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Prtc10 likes this.
  2. bondjamesbond

bondjamesbond Прошлой неделе

That is weird. Trying reverse phycology maybe?

3. Bunsen

Bunsen Registered Member

Fora anybody in the Raleigh area looking for a carbine version with fake suppressor FG&G just got one in, and it is priced less than $1k. This was the first carbine I have seen in person and been able to handle. I liked the longer handguard, but I did not like the the factory stock. I am so happy I'm going Magpul Zhukov stock when I SBR.

Also, my Apex Tactical grip technically "arrived". I just need USPS to re-delivery Moday now that I signed for it. Others in the CZ FB group have gotten theirs as well and already installed. No range reports, but to me it looks good!

4. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Why don't you like the factory stock

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5. cubrock

Got my Apex Tactical grip. I was amazed how quickly it arrived.

Bunsen likes this.
  6. Bunsen

Bunsen Registered Member

FG&G had some Zhukov's in their Magpul section I could compare to side by side. While I could not shoulder the Scorpion with the Zhukov attached, I could with the factory CZ. To me the factory stock is too skinny for my face and overall felt quite chinsy/cheap. The Magpul Zhukov is quite a bit beefier up top and just felt more solid/better built overall to me. I've never been a fan of ultra-light super skinny or skeletonized stocks and the CZ factory reminded me of that design style.

Value wise, the Zhukov by itself is $95 and most of the adapters are $50-$75. The factory CZ stock is $160 or $190 (Blk or FDE) with adapter. The Side Project Link w/Zhukov stock is $180-$190, but is shorter than any other Zhukov + adapter combination as they remove the Magpul attachment and folding mechanism. Replacing it with a nicely machined folder mechanism and Scorpion endcap all in one. The guy behind Side Project is or was a Magpul engineer, thus he mated the stock and adapter perfectly to be a seamlessly integrated unit.

CZ Custom just got some adapters back in stock today:

http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-evo-magpul-stock-adapter.html

Side Projects are presently out of stock, but should have more available before X-mas.

7. willpgn

willpgn Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I was in Columbia this weekend doing the in-laws Thanksgiving. Went by the PSA Farrow Rd location on Sat and they had a carbine version of the Scorpion. After hearing some hilarious "gun shop talk" I left empty handed! :(

This morning we ate breakfast and had to go up to Harbison for the ladies. Found out that store had Sunday hours and they are doing no tax this weekend. Went in and low and behold they had a pistol, carbine and carbine with the faux supressor. Couldnt go two days with nothing so I ended up with the pistol.

Got the last 3-30 rounders for $19 each too. My wife just opened the box at the house and said "what's this?" :eek:...she took a look, closed the box and said "never mind"! Love it! :D

8. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Dead and Remembering Lifetime Member

So a thought....

I have the FDE pistol, if I bought the stock kit in FDE and the 922 parts.

Waited for HPA, build a can to reach the 16" and perm attach it, it would then be a rifle with out the stamp. Just a dedicated 9mm can for the 9" of length needed.

9. JHorne

JHorne Registered Member

Form 1 came back yesterday. Working on getting the gun engraved this coming Monday. Placed my order with HBI for the trigger springs and duck bill. Also ordered the IO cover for my MRO. Finally, ordering the Apex grip from Brownell's. Hopefully it all comes next week sometime and I can have an install day where I install everything at once, including the stock kit.

Madmardigan likes this.
  10. Barrett

Barrett Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

11. cubrock

12. Barrett

Yeah, found out the hard way. Apparently CZ doesn't shoot their own product. Otherwise you wouldn't need that link.

Attached Files:

Jynx likes this.
  13. Barrett

...and that fixed that...

Attached Files:

14. Barrett

Added cheek weld.

Attached Files: