Update on CC permit requirements?

Discussion in 'SC Concealed Carry' started by chucknbecky, Oct 18, 2016.

1. chucknbecky

chucknbecky Registered Member

I read in a gun magazine- I think CONCEALED CARRY- that SC passed a new law saying the 8-hour course was no longer required. I think that may get my wife to finally go get hers. She's been concerned int he past about being on a government list, but I think I finally convinced her- as a republican- a member of the NRA- and as my wife!---------she's already on any list govco might have. But the question- anybody know what the new requirements are? I went and looked at SLED's stuff, but couldn't really see any difference. I know Nikki just signed a law recently, was it to allow us to go into restaurants where booze is served- as long as we stay sober?
    But the course is the main thing...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    fishgutzy likes this.
  2. Scrunt

Scrunt U. S. Military Club Subscribed

From what I remember it only eliminates the training requirement for LE and Military. But the instructors in SC only submit their class lists to SLED and once she submits for her permit they have all the information anyway.

3. chucknbecky

Thanks, the web site shows what I kinda thought- only real change is no more 8-hour course required but training is still. But the guy on that site sounds a lot tougher than the guys I took it from. Maybe he just has to put that in writing to protect himself.

4. chucknbecky

By the way, I'm from Rock Hill, so York is 10-15 minutes away. And the instructor there? a SOAR member? SOAR choppers got into some really nasty situations, night flying, covert operations- I think the SOARs are the folks that went and got Marcus Lutrell.

5. Dstangs21

Dstangs21 Registered Member

Somewhat related, timing for permit to arrive. Mine just came today so mailbox to mailbox was 82 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk