Yildiz SPZ ME O/U

Discussion in 'Shotgun Forum' started by ccw007, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ccw007

ccw007 Registered Member

I had a Yildiz SPZ ME O/U catch my eye last night at Academy for 399. I had never heard of them so I did not really look at it too much. I have kept thinking about it though and from what I have read it has been really positive. I have been wanting an over and under for a long time. It is something I know I will not shoot much. It has been 5 years or more since I have shot my 12ga I have now. I just cannot see putting 1k-2k into something I will not get much use out of. I might shoot it at the PHA skeet range some, and maybe get back in to dove hunting with it. There is a chance I might get into shooting skeet more frequently.

With that said does anyone have any experience with these? I do not want to buy something that will not hold up.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. NJSC

NJSC Member

Last time I handled one there were several burs on the receiver where the barrels mated. Give a real good check to the one you are getting to make sure you don't have any.

3. chiefjason

chiefjason Vendor Vendor

My wife has a Yildiz in 20 ga. Nice little gun. Super tight lock up at first. Kind of annoying but broke in nicely. She does not shoot a lot so it was a good compromise.

4. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Registered Member

Bought a Yildiz in 20ga for my wife so that she can join me on the skeet field. Ended up selling it for she could not endure the recoil despite a Limb Saver recoil pad installed and using the lightest 20g loads I could find. Keep in mind that the Yildiz is primarily a field gun so it was pretty light in weight.

Overall, I think highly of the fit/finish of the Yildiz when compared to far more expensive guns. I also never had any issues with the function of the just in the nearly 1000 rds I sent through it. For an occasional shooter that looks good and functions well, the Yildiz should satisfy your needs. Don't worry about warranty work if you do have a problem. Briley (top notch choke, sub-guage tube maker), in Houston, does their warranty work.

5. James Harnish

James Harnish Registered Member

As long as you find one that has no rubbing on the receiver face its a good buy, inspect the gun well. I have over 3000 shells through mine so far, they are good guns. if you can make the extra 300 dollars to get the $700 spz me special, do that. those things are incredible for the money.