Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Same as it ever was... same as it ever was...
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I felt I should pull this post from the other site and place it here as I still stand by these words.

In todays world it is a rare to find not only a well built product but one reasonably priced as well. I had the priveledge of meeting Neal, or as you may know him by his screen name (CSF), Alexap. Neal and I were able to share some time trading a few firearms as is just what we do here on the forum. I came into possesion of a Ruger LCP and a wonderful little holster. I immediately noticed how well the holster was made and made reference to it as a "Crossbreed". Neal was kind enough to point out that it was not at all a Crossbreed but a creation of his own. I believe my next words were... "WOW! You made this?" I was given a little history on how the decision to start making holsters came about and learned about the materials and methods of construction.

Upon learning that my daily carry piece was a Glock model 26 Neal decided to offer me the opportunity to carry in one of his new holsters in exchange for an honest review write up. "Well of course!" Who would pass that up? My intention was to carry the holster throughout the summer before writing a review but I learned Neal was going to start advertising the holsters for sale so we decided an early review would be benificial.

The two holsters I have of Neals' are by far two of the nicest I have owned. They are made in single hook and double hook models for a wide variety of pistols. Neal uses a horsehide leather that is thicker than a standard holster but very comfortable. Being an IWB holster the leather is comfortable against the skin and doesn't absorb sweat nor does the unstained leather bleed off into my clothes as I have had holsters do in the past. This thicker hide makes the break in time a little longer but it wasn't that bad and will certainly increase the usable life span of the holster. The kydex is riveted in very well and the rivets used in no way uncomfortably come into contact with your skin on the backside. The hooks are also of a quality steel and extra holes have been punched to adjust for cant preference. Both of the holsters had been made with a tough kydex and the shell was very well formed to the shape of the pistol. The fit was tight enough to give very positive retention and reholstering the pistol while IWB was easy due to the thickness of the kydex shell keeping shape under tension from a belt.

If a man was to find himself in need of a quality IWB holster at a fair price I would advise him to contact Neal. I stand by what I have said here and appreciate not only his well made product but appreciate his great attitude and communication. Thank you for this opportunity Neal. I see only good things ahead if you continue to make your quality holsters. http://www.carolinashootersforum.com/showthread.php?t=101851

[/

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
I own 3 of them . They are top quality, and you will never find a guy more committed to satisfying his customer. If he makes you one and it is not right, he will make it right.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Another +1

I have one of his iwb "tuckable" style holsters and it's the best concealment holster I have ever owned, bar none. Will be getting another for one of my other guns ASAP

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
(Here is my old review for my M&P)

After having my S&W M&P9 for some time now, I really needed to get a holster after it shined at the range. I was thinking about going the kydex route like my Beretta 92 holster, but I decided I wanted another MTAC.

I found rob_noel's review of alexap's holster, contacted him, and got it before I had to leave for SC. I've been wearing it nearly non-stop for 2 days now, and I can go ahead with a honest review.

The holster itself is a kydex/horsehide hybrid holster like the Supertuck/MTAC.

At first I was a little hesitant because the horsehide is much softer than the leather on my MTAC. I also had a reservation about the way it flexed. However, after wearing it & talking to alexap it is supposed to do that in order to protect the gun, and your skin. It is EXTREMELY comfortable. I also like the metal clips over the MTAC's plastic clips. It stays on your belt with authority, and is easy to get off. The retention is superb as well. It holds my M&P very good, and its very fast on to draw. I honestly think it provides the fastest draw compared to all the holsters I own. It did take me sometime to get used to the horsehide flex, but now I'm convinced its a better choice than leather. I've wore it with a t-shirt & polo shirt with no signs of printing.

In fairness the absolute only "flaw" I can find with this holster is the rivets are exposed on the back of the holster. My sweat tends to be very acidic, and there is a possibility for corrosion. However this is purely theoretical, and alexap offers a lifetime warranty so its really not a concern.

Asides from that, this holster is nearly perfect & very reasonably priced. I HIGHLY recommend buying his holster if you want something like a MTAC or Supertuck.

Finally pics of concealment:

·
Shameless Glock Fanboy
1,567 Posts
yes I love his holsters. Me and my buddy got a couple from him a while back.

I have one that was made for a Sig P225, but it fits my P229, Beretta and all my Glocks. Guess I kinda lucked out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.