-1 for Jahrs: Committed to sell 870P and then backed out. Twice. | Carolina Shooters Club

-1 for Jahrs: Committed to sell 870P and then backed out. Twice.

Discussion in 'Negative Feedback *ONLY*' started by Steve Sellers, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Sellers

Steve Sellers Active Member

Jahrs offered a Rem 870P for sale with an asking price of $500. I asked for a bit less, he responded that $500 was his bottom-dollar, I took that at face-value and committed to purchase the shotgun at the $500 asking price.

After concluding our negotiations via PM and marking the ad "SPF" - Jahrs sent me a PM backing out of our deal because - he claimed - he was worried that I would travel to meet him, see the condition of the 870 and back out. I told him that my commitment to buy ("I'll take it") was exactly that, a commitment to buy the gun. He then agreed to go forward with the sale.

That is, until this morning when we were supposed to meet up and exchange cash for gun. That's when he called to tell me that he was "losing too much money on the deal" and was ready to just say "screw it" and back out. I told him that was his call, and that was that.

A total waste of time and energy. A big "-1" and word-to-the-wise: Do NOT waste your time negotiating a deal with Jahrs in the future.

2. Charles

Charles Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

3. Jahrs

Jahrs Hall of Shame

Guilty as charged!!! YES I backed out but I'd rather take the -1 feedback than complete the sale with Steve Sellers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  4. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

Care to explain to us why you backed out? (Reason?)

You may post in the thread or PM a Mod
    Negatives can be a ban offense, depending.

Thanks, SB

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  5. Jahrs

Jahrs Hall of Shame

There were many reasons that came into play and all of which are my business and should only be between Steve and myself. I do not air out my laundry or anyone else’s in public. If I wish to back out of a transaction it is my right to do so and it should be between myself and the other party (I know that statement might raise some red flags, but I trust my own gut and judgement, and I only back out of a deal when I know that these senses are telling me to). The only reason that both sides of a story should be told in a forum/setting like this would be if the transaction had already taken place and there was either fraud committed, money lost, or a damaged firearm was knowingly or unknowingly exchanged, or if there was a pattern of backing out of deals. No damage was done and nothing was lost here except Steve's colossal time. And I'm willing to bet that a majority of that time he is referring to was PM'ing the Moderators, PM’ing me his intentions, and posting his grievances here. Once again, I am guilty of backing out of the deal. Steve Sellers is correct in his charge.

6. Charles

Charles Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Obviously this was a clear cut case of welching, without a good reason. The staff can certainly understand when things happen beyond a member's control. Life happens to us all. However, to welch on a deal without any reasoning at all isn't what we'd like to see from the members here. When dealing in the BST, our word is all we have to go on. Without that, there may as well not be a BST. So with that in mind, members who feel they can simply welch on a deal for no reason, and obviously without sincere apology are not welcome here. Member Jahrs has been banned from CSC, and entered into Hall Of Shame status.

Steve, we apologize for the wasted time, and inconvenience, but it was pretty evident we weren't going to be able to turn this one around.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.