Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fell off a ladder Aug 5 and broke my calcaneus in 4 places. Bones stayed together and did not have to have surgery, but in a splint for four weeks, then a cast for four, and now a boot for three.

Sucker is STILL swollen up. They say when a heel bone fractures that your ankle swells up like a pancake. Here is a pic of it when it was freshly broke.

I will be SUPER ready to get done with this. These crutches are a pain.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I hope the next person didn't get nasal bone xrays.
Been there done that back in 1997. Took about 4 months to completely heal. I had a 3/8" crack in my heel bone and severe ligament tears, was out of work for 60 days. Once you drop the crutches and just go with the boot it'll get better much faster.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Been there done that back in 1997. Took about 4 months to completely heal. I had a 3/8" crack in my heel bone and severe ligament tears, was out of work for 60 days. Once you drop the crutches and just go with the boot it'll get better much faster.
Oops, didn't mean to quote the last person, I hit quote instead of reply on my phone lol.

·
Premium Member
11,666 Posts
See what happens when you support the crazy libertarians? The lefties get all pissy and have the ladder union do them a favor. Then the righties have the gravity lobby get involved in order to get you down.

;pop

Seriously though... Glad you are recovering, let me know if you need anything!

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
Unfortunately I've been there done that as well. I truly feel your pain. I fell off of a ladder Thanksgiving weekend 2009. Smashed my calcaneous, I had to have 7 screws put in it. I was off my leg for almost 4 months. I had the scooter and got the T-shirt. I'm reminded of that fall every day now. I'm at about 90%. I'm sorry you fell, glad you didn't have to have surgery. No more ladders for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.