Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I just picked up a Ruger Blackhawk 357 Anniversary edition (2005) safe queen for my wife for Christmas. She has hinted about getting me a 1911 but I'm having a hard time justifying it as I have a Glock 30 and a Sig P220. My 1911 is an Heirloom and I won't shoot it anymore. She has been wanting to get me a shooter for some time now.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
We buy for the kids now. If the wife or I want something, we buy it. We are getting too old to wait for Xmas anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I already have people asking me what I would like for Christmas. Well that's tough because I usually go out and buy what I want, and honestly I don't need a thing.

If ya'll have put any thought into this, put up some ideas. Post what things that you are asking for for Christmas.

I know there are a few of you out there that will take this the absolute wrong direction, lets try to keep this clean and non political.
I'm kind of the same way. PLEASE don't get me junk. Especially Chinese junk.

Sometimes I give a very short list of stuff I actually need and/or am looking for...but I make sure they have a chance of finding it.

We have tried to do the "if you insist, give something to one of these charities" game, but family is very stubborn about not doing that...

I drink coffee, and have a few kinds I like, so I often say "Coffee, variety x." If there is a book or DVD I would like, I will mention those...but we have Netflix, and I use the library and interlibrary loan a lot, and so we have managed to reduce the amount of books and discs around the house, and we try not to accumulate more of that stuff. (I sold a bunch of things on Amazon over the years, and donated some to the library, and sold some at the used bookstore, to clean stuff out.) Consumables are great, because they don't take up room afterwards!

We have gotten some in the family to switch to gift cards. The trick is to make sure they know where you are most likely to shop. Dick's, Gander Mountain...I like Wal-Mart, because I can take it to the ammo counter ;cheers

One of our big deals is to circulate a list within the family, ahead of time. Even then it is often hard to think of something to put on there. I usually just want to put "a good meal with all my family" on there :)

·
Premium Member
15,599 Posts
Oh my list is long of "wants" as having two kids and one on the way makes high dollar purchases few and far between. Also, the only family member of mine that knows enough about firearms to get what I want is my father, and he has given me so much over the years from his collection that asking for more is "going full retard".

·
Vendor
6,243 Posts
I have been reloading for a whopping three weeks now, and I can honestly say that a gift certificate for Bass Pro, Midway etc. is a very safe bet.

My wife hasn't laid down any hints, so I am thinking "cruise" for her for Christmas, but she is EXTREMELY frugal (sounds better than "thrifty" and way better than "cheap"), so all in all, I may get her some gold. Intrinsic and valuable and she can hold it in her hand and it will have WAY more future value than a handful of pics from a cruise.....IMHO, sittin' on MBch with a cold beer and a fishing pole is just as relaxing as a big ass boat with 24 hr buffets and bottomless alcohol fountains.....And honestly, my liver is too old and tired to afford any more cruises or Carribean vacations... :p

One boy wants a dirt bike, the other wants a street bike....I've told them both "you WON'T get a new one for your first one". Made that mistake before....

And as far as me, I hinted toward a Dillon 550, but a GC from any major shooter supply would be just fine....
I never thought I would say this, but I am pretty content with the firearms collection. Only two left are a FiveseveN (no idea why other than the cool factor) and a .357 lever gun carbine round barrel.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm asking Santa for a Chronograph but don't know which one yet.
Gift cards are also welcomed to places like Midway-USA or Brownells etc.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I already have people asking me what I would like for Christmas. Well that's tough because I usually go out and buy what I want, and honestly I don't need a thing.

If ya'll have put any thought into this, put up some ideas. Post what things that you are asking for for Christmas.

I know there are a few of you out there that will take this the absolute wrong direction, lets try to keep this clean and non political.
Same here, I buy what I want when I want it. When asked what I want for Christmas, I always say "nothing". Of course, the family doesn't listen to me and I end up with some nice stuff.
I guess I could use another scope... so this year, when asked, I am going to give everyone a printout of the scope I want including where to get it and what it costs.
My daughter will complain that it is not a good gift ( yeah, I know ) but I'll convince her that it is.

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
A couple of small things, new belt, a pocket knife and maybe some 10/22 related goodies.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.