1911 - 9mm vs 45 ACP | Carolina Shooters Club

1911 - 9mm vs 45 ACP

Discussion in 'Carolinas 1911 Forum' started by Amp Mangum, May 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Amp Mangum

Amp Mangum Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Larry breaks down his thoughts on 9mm versus 45 ACP. He also gives some tips on buying and customizing your own 1911.

2. Headspace

Headspace Registered Member

Good video. I notice that although he went some length into steel vs. alloy frame and ramped barrel, he didn't mention a bushing/short guide rod versus bushingless/long guide rod preference, although since both pistols he had were bushing/short rod, that's probably his preference. At first, I was hesitant about no bushing/long rod, but now I own two of them (9mm Commander and 10mm full size), and like them just as well as my A1 .45.

I'm especially digging the Commander 9mm. perfect blend of caliber and size.

3. carolina sorillo

carolina sorillo Registered Member

I'm liking the idea of a 10mm!

The only 9 that I've ever been interested in is the EMP.

I carry a Springfield Lightweight Compact RO. So I opted for the 4", alloy framed, ramped .45. I wasn't concerned with the felt recoil as much as the felt weight of carrying it around all day. Mainly because I plan to carry it everyday but I don't plan to shoot it everyday. The only way I think it could be improved on for my needs is higher capacity. Which would've made it a lightweight Commander.

C.S.