Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

2013 class options

• Self Defense Pistol 1 day

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Self Defense Pistol 1 day / 1 night

• Self Defense Pistol 2 day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Self Defense Pistol 2 day / 1 night

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Carbine 1 day

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Carbine 1 day / 1 night

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Carbine 2 day

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Carbine 2 day / 1 night

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Precision Rifle 1 day 600ds to 1000yds

• Precision Rifle 1 day / 1 night 600ds to 1000yds

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Precision Rifle 2 day 600yds to 1000yds

• Precision Rifle 2 day / 1 night 600yds to 1000yds

• Semi-Auto Precision Rifle 1 day 1yd to 600yds

• Semi-Auto Precision Rifle 1 day / 1 night 1yd to 600yds

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Semi-Auto Precision Rifle 2 day 1yd to 600yds

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Semi-Auto Precision Rifle 2 day / 1 night 1yd to 600yds

• Direct Action 1 day (enter clear room), woodland operations

• Direct Action 2 day (enter clear room), woodland operations

• Designated Marksman Course (open enrollment) 3 days 2 nights 1yd to 600yds

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Advanced Mil-Dot 1 day Short range

• Advanced Mil-Dot 2 day Short Range

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Advanced Mil-Dot 1 day Long Range

• Advanced Mil-Dot 2 day Long Range

• Gunfighter 1 day

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Gunfighter 1 day / 1 night

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Gunfighter 2 days

• Gunfighter 2 days / 1 night

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Students,

Ok well we have a new year coming up. I wanted to offer some options and see what would be the courses you want to see happen, some more then others.

So let me know what you all want to do please.

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Can't believe that I'm missing your night fighter class, but surgery will do that. I would love to see a CQB shotgun course in the future. I would also love to see you re do the night fighter class as well

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm a bit far away and have only been able to attend one of your classes (and it was great). With that said, I would really like to participate in a class centered around shooting on the move and from awkward positions, as I know these are some of my weaker skills.

edit: I voted for the 2day, 1night Gunfighter...makes the most of my drive up there and hotel/gas/food expenses.

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We can do that, hell its the new carbine / pistol now LOL

Pick off the poll also, it lets me know the direction you all want to move in, and then I know what you all want.

John

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great idea, and we can do that.

Let me put that in the bucket when we start booking the 2013 listing of classes.

thanks

John

·
Eleutheromaniac
3,622 Posts
My votes have been cast.
I lean more towards the single day courses (pistol/carbine/gunfighter, etc).
I hope you keep your schedule open for one-on-one training day's next year as well.

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not much of a shotgun guy.

Also Chris offers a shotgun class and its very light in attendance and seems to be dieing off some.

If its something people want we can do it as a personal class.

John

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Btt

Please give use some input so 2013 will be a year that offers courses you would want to attend.

John

·
Carolina Shooters Club
2,545 Posts
I would like to do a precision shooting, transitioning from carbine/pistol class (some have told me this is your gunfigther class?).

Of course private classes

The 1 day/1night classes are those like the nightfigther class?

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
1) Shooting In/Around Vehicles Pistol Class.....with a night portion. Obviously this wouldn't be a good class for beginners but I'd be game for it.

2) Concealed Pistol class.......as in a class taken with your actual daily carry pistol carried in the same manner that you do daily. Obviously this would be a low round count class since many of the pistols aren't the type people like shooting all day. I understand this one may not be for beginners as well since there would be a lot of drawing from concealment.

These are two class ideas that to me really hit home when it comes to everyday use and practical application. Most all of us carry a pistol concealed on a daily basis and we all know that its most likely we be involved in a deadly force incident in or around our car in low light.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
1) Shooting In/Around Vehicles Pistol Class.....with a night portion. Obviously this wouldn't be a good class for beginners but I'd be game for it.

2) Concealed Pistol class.......as in a class taken with your actual daily carry pistol carried in the same manner that you do daily. Obviously this would be a low round count class since many of the pistols aren't the type people like shooting all day. I understand this one may not be for beginners as well since there would be a lot of drawing from concealment.

These are two class ideas that to me really hit home when it comes to everyday use and practical application. Most all of us carry a pistol concealed on a daily basis and we all know that its most likely we be involved in a deadly force incident in or around our car in low light.
What he said....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I would like to take a carbine and pistol class focusing on shooting in and around vehicles. Also since I missed this years gunfighter class I'd like to see something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk or some other crappy forum app.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Do you have any standards you run your students through for either pistol or carbine? I've tried reading through all the AARs but didn't find my answer. For instance, run a student through the standards beginning of TD1 and again at the end of TD2 to see if there is any quantified progress?

·
Registered
425 Posts

I just wanted to second both these ideas. They're both fantastic ideas for classes, and both provide some real-world defensive content. I'd even say that a good "Advanced CCW" class might itself include drawing and shooting, from concealment, from inside your vehicle.

Do you have any standards you run your students through for either pistol or carbine? I've tried reading through all the AARs but didn't find my answer. For instance, run a student through the standards beginning of TD1 and again at the end of TD2 to see if there is any quantified progress?
While training with John, I've done the NC LEO Pistol Qualifier and the MEU-SOC Carbine qualifier. Both have a lote of value as a qualifier. John does a great job of working things like that into his classes, and it really helps point out your flaws.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.