Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, I had no idea a suppressor would make a 22 sound like that! We could shoot that behind our house and the neighbors would never know. How do I get one, and where do I get one?

·
Banned
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
That's a really cool video! It's very quiet, you have a variety of guns/cans all shooting in sequence, then all unloading at the end. Of course it finishes with everyone laughing because of the silence.

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
<---dude in black polo with burnt bronze GSG1911

man that was a fun day...but, i think we need to get another group together and do rifles now! i've got a bolt and a 4.5" dedicated ar22
That was fun....

Suppressed bolts wouldnt be any fun to video tape though.... the mic wouldnt pick up ANY sound.... (I had my bolt gun there and it was crazy quiet- I was shocked.)...

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
yeah, i had mine out shooting while you did, i'm honestly not sure if anyone even noticed me!

youre GSG 5pk was stupid quiet too
lol- didnt even "hear" anyone else with a bolt gun- but that would make sense...
I was also surprised how quiet the GSG was... it was quieter than my other semi-auto hosts I tried...and it has a pretty short barrel...

Anyways, the bolt gun was so quiet- it made me start to ponder threading one of my old marlin 39's - but the purists would howl no doubt! :)

The only "hassle" with my CZ452 was it became empty too quickly! :)

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
lol- didnt even "hear" anyone else with a bolt gun- but that would make sense...
I was also surprised how quiet the GSG was... it was quieter than my other semi-auto hosts I tried...and it has a pretty short barrel...

Anyways, the bolt gun was so quiet- it made me start to ponder threading one of my old marlin 39's - but the purists would howl no doubt! :)

The only "hassle" with my CZ452 was it became empty too quickly! :)
10rd mags make the fun last longer.

One thing you will find is that some guns are gonna be more quiet by design. Some will have more port noise than others.

To date the quietest ammo I have found is Aguila Subsonic. Its available in 38gr HP and 40gr Round Nose and both sound the same. Its very accurate in all of ny guns and has that distinctive Eley primer smell when fired.

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
10rd mags make the fun last longer.
Yep. I only had 5-rd mags for the CZ.... (pricey!) 10-rd'ers are already in the mail....

ALMOST makes me wish I had a 77/22 (uses 10-22 mags), I saw a used one a few months ago and passed on it.... probably would have been a great suppressor host gun!

Other nice thing is Ill be able to run the CCI quiets in the CZ, though its almost overkill since the SV stuff was barely louder...

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
after i get my current form 1 back, i'm going to do another and do a 9mm/.22lr with no buffer and a nordic hk style stock....and keep my current form 1 lower for 5.56/300blk... after that, i'm either getting a factory SIG 522 SBR or doing an HK .22lr MP5 sbr.....cause, i'm tellin ya.... 22lr sbr's are the stuff!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.