SlayerNut - RIP
13,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
28 Jan: SNIPER GOLF, (Precision Rifle/Field Shooting Match)​
Who: Carolina Shooters
What: Sniper Golf
Where: Our Training Range (Maxton, NC)
When: 28 Jan

Shooters, we are throwing a round of Sniper Golf out here to you guys. This will be a very limited event, only 20 Shooters will shoot this event.

-Sniper golf is game where score is calculated just like golf, number of shots. We will basically count your shots and/or misses to tabulate your score. Lowest score wins the round.

This is open to the first 25 shooters that pre-register.
Cost is $40 per person (pre-registration required)
We already have a few guys on the waiting list so if payment is not received by the 14th we will open it up and it will be first come first served.
Shots will all be within 600yds
Almost all targets will be 2MOA Steel or larger (No steel core/jacketed ammo) and some paper targets will be used.
You will need a scope w/ reticle capable or holding over/under
no rifles over .30 cal. (no magnums at this one match, mags at future matches ok)
Course of fire is no more than 75 rounds.

** This will not be your typical belly match, shooters. This will be a match that will test your mental ability to think on the fly. This match will test your field expedient shooting abilities, and of course this match may stress you out just a wee bit (we said it was going to be like golf!) All ranges will be given, you can use a range finder, etc...

**You will be moving around all day, not just firing from a static firing line, so you will need to pack what you'll need for the day. No going back to the car.

**Some courses of fire may require physical ability, like jogging, running, and moving into position quickly.

We would like to thank the sponsors we have picked up for this match:
Tactical Suppressed Weapons
www.tacticalsuppressedweapons.com
Upstate Armory Group
www.upstatearmorygroup.com/
BoHoss Engineering
www.bohoss.com
Stryker Industries
www.strykerind.com
Impact Data Books
www.Impactdatabooks.com
Gunn Fighter
www.gunn-fighter.com
Mountain Shooter Slings
Tarheel Targets
http://www.tarheeltargets.com/
BB Enterprises Firearms and Accessories
www.bbshooting.com
Triton Arms Custom Shop

More to Come!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Yes, it's private. If you wish to come out you'll need to be there in the AM, I'd say no later than 0900. We will be moving all over the property so if you show up after we move out then you're not really going to see much.

If you'd like to participate let me know. we have 2 open slots as of right now. If you're a newb this is a good match to come to, if you need gear then let me know ASAP and we can try to accommodate you. It's all about fun, shooters help each other out, and the prize table is lottery. Winners take a trophy home.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Still have two open slots if any of you guys want to come out and shoot.

We're heading to the range tomorrow so email or PM is best to reach us.

We'll see you guys down there!

·
SlayerNut - RIP
13,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck guys!

I'm out of commission today, thanks to a herniated disk in my back. Getting old sucks :(

I'm sure Kyle will have some awesome pics of some great fun that will be had today!

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
It was a great course! Pretty physical and it spanked my butt! I made numerous major errors, like shooting the wrong target, but it was my first outing like this and it was a good experience. Can't wait to do it again after some specific practice. Now, where's the ibuprofen.

·
Banned
727 Posts
For those of you that missed it... You missed a great course, a good time, and some shady characters ;-) As George said... It was challenging, both mentally and physically... But we like being abused.

Kyle and Shawn put on an outstanding event as always. Thanks to all the vendors who helped sponsor the event!

See you at the next event!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Congrats Chris, I think you proved slow and steady won the race today!

Thanks to everyone who came out! I think everyone had fun. I have a blast putting these on for the shooters. Shawn and I will get our pictures up soon. Thanks, again to all the sponsors and shooters, it's a great combination! We look forward to getting back out on the range with everyone soon, again.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Guys, attached are the results!

First, a Huge thanks goes out to the help. Without Brandon, Davis, and Scott helping Shawn and I couldn't have been able to make this match happen! If anyone doesn't want to shoot, but you want to come out and help you are more than welcome! It's a good time to just be around the group of shooters.

Pics are still coming. We look forward to seeing all you guys again at the next shoot. Keep your eyes peeled for our happenings!!

Thanks again to all the sponsors! I think EVERYONE was completely satisfied with the prize table. Everyone who stayed ended up walking away with some sort of prize! I hope everyone puts their prizes to good use... possibly we'll be seeing some of the prizes won in use at the next event!

Again, I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who came out we look forward to seeing you guys again!

-Kyle

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.