Carolina Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know people rant against shooting other peoples handloads, ect so I will go into great detail and list the equipment and steps used and let the buyer decide.
I start with once fired Federal brass.
Brass is tumbled in lizzard litter with non amonia polisher.
Deprimed and full length sized with RCBS dies on RCBS press
Retumbled.
Case length is hand trimmed with ball cutter and checked with digital calipers, primer pockets cleaned, flash holes deburred and case mouths are chamfered inside and out.
reprimed with CCI-BR bench rest primers
Bullets are Sierra 168 gr BTHP #2200 Matchking and are sorted from 500 piece boxes to within .4 grain of 168.0 (acceptable are 167.8-168.2).
Load is from US ARMY TM match M852 manual and calls for IMR-4895, TM 43-0001-27. Specs produce ammo that is interchangable with Federal GM308m Gold Medal Match.
Powder is a single lot of IMR4895.
EVERY CHARGE IS HAND THROWN. EVERY CHARGE IS WEIGHED ON RCBS DIGITAL SCALE.
This is my weighing prosses. I weigh out the charge below say .03 of my goal. then I hand dribble until the scale bounces between the goal weight and .01 below. Wait and adjust by granual.
OAL 2.82

I have personally shot a .338" 5 shot group with this ammo.

$18 per 20

·
Registered
320 Posts
is that priced shipped. could we see some finished rounds? you sound like you got it down. i look for m118lr rounds which would be the 175 smk do you do any of these? got got a pretty good price and you have my interest. if you need some one to test some for you i got a tack driving ar10 that loves 175's, and i will even post my results!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry. dont have any 175's.
And since I have been advised that I am not a federal licenced ammunition producer and that the ATF is gonna come whoop me up all WACO style for selling a couple hundred rounds of ammo... These are for components only. Yeah...These are sold for the sole purpose of the buyer breaking them down to use as components for reloading.
OK?

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Actually... You were informed that you were putting yourself at risk.

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]
Now, I read that as selling your ammunition is a no-no... I would hope that if I did something stupid that could potentially put me at risk of breaking a law that someone would notify me about it so I could correct my error. In fact I have received friendly messages in the past like the one I sent you and unlike you I appreciated the heads up. Also, as a reloader myself I'm not about to sell my reloads to someone else and risk the liability should something go wrong. I'm confident in my measurements, etc but it only takes one mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.