Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sold my SP101 some weeks back and like every gun I have sold I miss it. SO, I need to correct that. Only a $500ish max budget at the moment .I can pick up a LCR 357 or another SP101 for that ,but I am leaning SP101 cause I am looking for more of a truck/woods/night stand gun more so than a concealed carry piece. I have seen some 686 Smiths but they are pricier...

Question is, what else is out there in my range that are normal fare at gun shops ?

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just never see em in shops locally... and I regularly visit about 5 shops a week .

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have stipulated, double action is my preference.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I know a guy that would gladly part with his Smith 19-6 stainless for 500..hahah

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Seriously..check on Taurus and Rossi if you want new in the range of the Ruger used. Or you can get a new Charter Arms 357 under 400 but it may be harder to find.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Get a used GP100. Best deal around fr a woods gun.
I just never see em in shops locally... and I regularly visit about 5 shops a week .
Be patient. I don't know where you are located, but if you can make it to a coming show in Raleigh or in Charlotte, you will probably be successful in your search. The GP is a great choice for a used DA .357 and you won't be disappointed.

Also - keep an eye on the FS/FT items here on the forum. You may just luck out. Posting what you're looking for in the "Wanted" forum may work out for you, too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Seriously..check on Taurus and Rossi if you want new in the range of the Ruger used. Or you can get a new Charter Arms 357 under 400 but it may be harder to find.
I just bought my wife the 3 inch barreled Rossi .357 magnum and I am pleasantly surprised. Paid 300 bucks out the door, has a lifetime warranty (although turnaround time can be slow), and it shoots very well. I am 6'2" 220 and as far as felt recoil all I get is just a little thump in the palm of my hand. My wife is 5'2" and maybe 100 lbs and she has no trouble with .357 mags and can shoot .38 special all day long.

·
Registered
503 Posts
dont forget about dan wesson. I just got a dan wesson 15-2 with both 4 and 6 inch barrels and 2 grips extra sights all for $480.00. The Dan Wessons are some of the most accurate revolvers ever made. I have 3 a 22 and 2 357s Randy

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
EAA also imports the Windicator and it can be had for under 300 through Davidsons. I have seen the 38sp and it felt and looked tight but I have not fired one.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
Get a used GP100. Best deal around fr a woods gun.
This....

Maybe the best of them.

I have several Smiths and still never found on that will hold to a stock GP100.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Im intrigued by a new Czech made 357 I found from an importer that is selling unissued CZ 52s called czechpoint USA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.