Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Item withdrawn

I called the company that makes the gizmo to find out the legalities. They told me that it is a very powerful lazer and could blind someone. I got conflicting info as if it is legal to own/sell this thing. I have no use for it so I am going to send it back to them.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to clarify..... I want to know if its worth anything and if its legal to own before I get it. I was really only interested in the BDUs and stuff but this is in there and I thought it was unique. I dont really know what it does.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep it works perfect. I tested it this morning. I wasnt sure what it was at first but did some research last night. I guess its an IR Laser used for either painting targets or target aquisition. It can be rifle mounted or hand held. Seems its original value paid by the military is around $4k! Holy begeezus!
Now my big question is what do these things resell for and who would be interested in something like this? I'm going back later today to pick up all the junk and I guess I will get this thingy since it is included in the lot buy. I really dont have a use for it so it may just go on my shelf unless someone is interested.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
Don't know that I would want to have it in hand......

http://www.wral.com/bragg-soldier-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-1m-while-deployed/11775394/

Prosecutors said he and another service member, who hasn't been charged, concealed stolen goods in shipments and used Air Force cargo planes to get the items back to the U.S. Among the items stolen were a $290,000 lightweight laser designator rangefinder, which is used to locate and designate targets for laser-guided munitions,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.