9mm availability? | Carolina Shooters Club

9mm availability?

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by wild hare, Sep 3, 2020.

1. wild hare

wild hare Registered Member

Anyone know of available 9mm ammo in the Raleigh area?

Thanks

2. Beretta418

Beretta418 Registered Member

Perry’s Gun shop in Wendell had some a few weeks ago. They usually put it out in the morning and you are limited to two boxes. There is usually a line.

I’ve purchased it online recently from Federal for about 19 a box... ok I guess in the current market for brass cases stuff. They ship for free if you spend more than 100... otherwise, shipping is like 12. It’s not always in stock, but keep watching their website. It seems to pop up every couple weeks.

3. majicmike

majicmike AKA Studly Hungwell Club Subscribed

You picked the wrong time to need some.

4. Beretta418

It’s out there... you just have to look. And you have to keep walking away when you see it at $30 a box. Most of my handguns are .40, which is difficult to get, but not crazy.... then I recently bought a 9mm and suddenly I realized that not only is 9mm harder to get, but it’s more expensive than .40?! But in a few weeks, I was able to find enough that I’m not currently looking anymore. In fact, I have some that I’m considering reselling.... so it’s there. You just have to look harder.

5. 45/70hunter

45/70hunter Registered Member

If Fuquay Gun doesn't have any you likely won't find any. Last I was in Perry's 9mm was $26.95 a box, two box limit, and only sold with a gun purchase.

6. Beretta418

Just curious when that was? It was 4 weeks ago when I was at Perry’s. I actually did purchase a firearm and you were allowed up to 4 boxes w/ purchase (and I got all 4). 9mm was 22.95 per box for CCI brass cased. He told me to come back in the mornings if I wanted more. They put out ammo in the AM each morning and each morning it sells out. So if you go later in the day... there’s none. I saw a picture on their FB page a week ago of people lined up to buy ammo.

Not local to Raleigh, but the last few ties I’ve been at Crooscreek in Henderson, they also have 9mm in stock, though they limit it to one box per person.

Ultimately, if you really need it, I’d say your best bet at this point is ammoseek.com and if you see it pop up at a good price point, don’t think about it too long.

7. 45/70hunter

45/70hunter Registered Member

Weekend before last. Not giving Perry's a bad rap, prices have jumped, and stock is hard to get. Just stating what I saw and was told. Thankfully I stocked up before the world went crazy!!

8. wild hare

wild hare Registered Member

Clayton Guns had some last week. Limit of 2 boxes at ~$23 per box. $49 even with tax for 2. Bodie on this forum has/had some in the Ammo section for $25 per box. Good guy. I tried everywhere in the Triangle, Clayton, Sanford, Southern Pines and these are all I found. One place in Sanford had some but would only sell with the purchase of a new firearm.

9. rbell2915

rbell2915 Registered Member

Bass Pro/Cabela's online. Herter's 9mm is ~22cpr.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

10. mikep7m10

mikep7m10 Registered Member

I've got some ammo I've been intending to list for sale - need to get off my butt. Couple of guns too. Guess I'm in a thin the herd mood.

Aguila 115gr 9mm for $450/1000 (12k available)

Also have some 40, 380 and .22 automatch

I'm in north Wake county not far from I-540