Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sending in my first Form 1 soon. I've got a 16" 9mm Oly upper that i enjoy. I was considering chopping it
down once the F1 comes back, but I've been re-thinking that.
I'd like to sell the upper (keeping the mag block and Sten mags) and buy a pistol upper instead.

Do the Oly 9mm 6.5" uppers run as well as the 16"? I do plan to supress it.
Blow back action, no gas system worries.
I understand the Oly system has no last shot bolt hold open. I'm ok with that.
32rds of 9mm means reloads don't need to be that fast.

http://jsgunparts.com/store/index.p...ducts_id=549:2dabc5797795f28e715c7d526432f03b

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sheesh. No one has any input?
I was concerned about the front sight base possibly being to close to the threads.
Also with the possibility of the threads not being perfectly lined up with the bore and no more metal
to rethread. Not sure if the bbl had a gas port that's just plugged or none at all. Probably none.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I can get the upper chopped and threaded by Adco for $119 plus parts, comes out to about $200 with a YMH mini rail, no FSB. What is the popular thing to do for protecting the threads?
Screwing a flash hider back on sounds like a winner, but I'd need a non-indexing type right? (or lots of crush washers)
Can anyone recommend a local smith who know's black rifles or would I be better off shipping to ADCO?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.