Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been working up a new recipe for some Precision Delta 147g TC plated bullets.

4g of Unique, giving me right around 990-1000fps (glock 34)

Curious as to other folks recipes?
Also, what fps are you targeting?

Lastly, I was playing with seating depth (all between min and max), anyone seen an appreciable advantage here as well?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'll second 147gr w/ 3.5gr of titegroup loaded to 1.136," any lower than that (and I mean even 3.4gr) and I occasionally saw the slide fail to lock on the last round. At least on a FS M&P9...

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just reviewing my own results on this last test batch with the precision delta bullets...

my velocities were all in the upper 900's- with that starting load, I was expecting more like high 800's (based on midway load map)

I'm thinking I had a much hotter load than I was intending.... that takes me right to the redline in the book...

btw- I weighed ALL these first 10-20 loads manually....

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm.

You guys are loading MUCH shorter OAL than Ive been.

Ive been working from the Midwest Load Data for the 147g TC fmj bullet.... it calls out 1.169 for all but the HP bullet.,, most other recipes call out 1.15...

Id think 1.12 would be close to compressing the load with 4g of unique?

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
currently loading 4.0gr of unique with 147gr FMJ precision delta bullets, at 1.3"... getting 900fps out of a G19 and 971fps out of my MP5 clone
Thanks-

Are you using the TC bullets or the RN?

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
round nose... They work really good
Yeah- they were out of stock on those- I ended up buying the TC's (same weight).... they are about 0.036 shorter so i was trying to find some good OAL data...

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know 147 (and 158g) are the go- to bullets for 9mm subsonic...

And I have 2000 of them from Precision delta, but, I also have 2000 124g 9mm bullets..... anyone had luck driving these subsonic?

Most my Unique recipes push them over 1000 fps....

·
Registered
167 Posts
with 4.9gr of unique and 124gr PD I am getting average 1029 out of a G19 at 1.125" and it cycles, as a matter of fact it cycles all my pistols well, longer barrels will go supersonic... Relatively quiet but no 147gr

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
If you're working for IDPA/USPSA load, try 3.1 gr of Clays.... at your own risk, of course. :)
If you're trying to do something with a can, I donno.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is target accuracy at 25 and 50 yards the goal, as in Bullseye competition?
I understand that many cartridges have best light target accuracy at 725-825fps, but I have also heard that many have found that 9x19 likes around 950fps. You can always put in a lighter spring if a light load is best for accuracy. My guns shoot best at about 775fps (lead bullets) and at 1000fps (jacketed bullets)--both are sub-sonic.
I prefer 231/HP38, AA2, and Solo 1000 for my light loads in 9x19, but they still aren't Bullseye accurate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.