Carolina Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A big -1 for Koolaid

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  29 
#1 ·
Original post: http://carolinashootersforum.com/showthread.php?t=125837

After establishing a set location and agreeing on the price, we met up and I purchased his CETME Sporter .308 along with three 20 rd magazines. Before I could even shoot the thing, I had to field strip it and clean it like crazy. This rifle was so dirty that I looked like I was changing the oil in my car by the time I was done. After getting to the range, I loaded AE FMJ rounds into the 20 rd. mags. The charging handle went all the way forward and locked into place. I fired TWO rounds then had jams like crazy. By jams I mean that the case trying to eject is getting caught between the cartridge trying to go in. All function comes to an abrupt stop. The handle stops halfway leaving the bolt assembly and extractor exposed, along with the two cases. After cleaning it again to remove any missed gunk, I tried again. No luck that time either. I'm lucky if the handle goes all the way forward and chambers the first round. In addition, the bolt gap is WAY TOO TIGHT. I'm surprised the entire thing didn't blow up in my face. I also suspect the recoil spring is too old to function properly. Most CETME recoil springs were subject to years of full auto fire before being converted to semi auto. Probably the worst thing that's happened with this rifle was the misfires. In total: I've had three misfires, a dozen jams, and maybe 5-10 successful rounds through it. Those 5-10 rounds only went through after dumping out numerous clean rounds then slapping the handle forward. This rifle is extremely unreliable and dangerous to fire. When he said "shoots well" that was a lie. When you pay $500 cash for something, you expect it to work.

On a personal note, he has yet to return my numerous emails and PM's. Every phone call goes straight to his voice mail. The day of the meetup, I called him and it actually rang, but about three hours later when I called him wanting my money back, it just went to voice mail. Hopefully his phone is just turned off, because I'd hate to think that he blocked both my home and cell number. I'm still trying to contact him, but with no success. When/if he contacts me, I will want my money back. I talked to a gunsmith today, and it will cost more to fix it than it's worth. I shouldn't have to fix anything, if it "shoots well". I have tried giving him the benefit of the doubt (i.e - bought new steel mags instead of using the H&k g3 mags, still didn't work, extensive cleaning, etc.) and I have tried to be as polite as possible, but my patience is wearing thin.

See less See more
#7 ·
Still waiting to hear from him. I'm glad that this is back up. I'm guessing that NCshooter26 contacted you guys and informed you of our test fire at a range in Asheboro? We used .308 and 7.62x51 NATO (S. African) ammunition, it still jammed in the breach. I have ordered an extractor spring and some +4 rollers. They should be here in a few days and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.