Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I saw one of my other videos shooting 1 Mile with my .338 LM was accessed by this forum.
So I thought I'd post up a few more links for those that are interested.

My buddy Dale shooting 1 Mile with his 7mmSAUM:
Shooting 2300 Yds.
Target Cam System for LR/ELR:

Best.

MDslammer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for viewing and the positive comments. Yes, we are very fortunate to have a place to shoot that
will accomodate extreme long range and only 25 minutes from my house.

On the down side, the 112* + in the summer months are brutal for shooting. We're usually done by 08:00.
Any longer in the day and the heat and mirage gets too unbearable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those were well done videos and great shooting.

I'm hoping to get out to 1000 yards shooting soon. But I would love a chance to try a mile.
Thnx Chdamn. Glad you enjoyed the films. Get to use what little I learned in the 3 yrs. of film school.
If you ever have an opportunity to shoot a mile, it's a hoot. The first time I hit steel at that distance
I had a grin from ear to ear. It's now become "addictive"....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking of a little system like that to carry deer hunting....
For the time when you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head.....
Or deeper in the woods.
One main point:
You need to have a clear path without any obstructions to the video signal. Otherwise, it probably won't be very effective.
If you look at the Target Cam System video, I'm in an open desert area with a clear path out to 1.5 miles.
Both Transmitter and Receiver are elevated up about 10' to help with a stronger signal. Just something to consider...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.