Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally got around to emailing tarheeltargets to get some steel for my new favorite toy: .22 suppressor.

So i chat with Allen, and decide on trying a few different sizes. Since I was going to be near him (my daughters basketball game) I asked if I could drop by and pick them up on short notice.... he says sure.... So TWO hours before I show up, I also dropped him an email to ask him for some ideas on how I might mount the steel to some existing target stands we already have... I didnt really know what I wanted- all I said was "something to put on top of a 2x4 that easily transportable"

I figured he might have some suggestions or might be able to rig something up for me the next time I came down....

So i show up a couple hours later. Not only did he "come up with an idea" but he had already fabricated it, and it was freshly painted waiting for me to pickup! I was shocked!

Needless to say unbelievably great service! I took the new stuff to the range this AM and they were awesome!!! Buying your own steel gongs should be considered a MUST HAVE accesory to a .22.... especially a suppressed one! Great fun!!!

Here's what he built me- they worked GREAT!!

These slip on over the top of the wood target stands ( that we already have a bunch of) at out range (DPRC).

Attachments

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
Allen is a great person to do business with. I've bought from him and sold to him. You can rest assured you're getting a top shelf product when you buy from him.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
Allen is a great person to do business with. I've bought from him and sold to him. You can rest assured you're getting a top shelf product when you buy from him.
I've done a few deals with allen. Stand up guy.
Trouble is, when he stands up he's 9 ft tall and 300 lbs. :)

The last guy I knew that was that big went by the nickname "Mister".

·
Banned
2,634 Posts
I just might have to order one, nice design.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Allen is excellent to deal with guys. Helped me out a ton on my first IDPA match. Yall are right when I saw him step out of his truck and saw him looking over the roof of it kinda shocked me haha.

·
Vendor
6,243 Posts
Thank you so much for the kind words, gang!
Paul, it was great to meet you, and I appreciate the business.
My dad (RIP) always told me to give my customers 10% more than they are paying for, and he had a GREAT business motto.....

"If you like my work, tell others. If not, then tell me."

I have a huge passion for all things recoil, and it is so rewarding to see people enjoying something that I built.

Thanks again, for all the support and the rave reviews! By all means, spread the word! :p

I am proud to be a part of CSC, as a sponsor, and as a firearms and shooting sports enthusiast. I will always strive to supply my customers with the best targets on the market, and I will continue to give the kind of customer service that I would expect.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much for the kind words, gang!
Paul, it was great to meet you, and I appreciate the business.
Well, it worked great! I wasnt sure if the "Ding" was gonna be loud enough?

There was a couple guys that were shooting on a different range and they walked over.... said they could hear the steel being hit, but no gun firing- wanted to figure out what the heck I was doing :)

Having said that, I DID like the louder report of the 1/4" plate.... (vs the 3/8).... so I'm torn on what to re-order! :). I like the fact that I could use the 3/8 for both my 9mm carbine and even 223, so I may have to buy a couple more of both :)

btw, I also tried the plate with the "hangers" on the back. That also worked great- just ran some twine across a target stand and hung it on the line. Is that a standard product you make/stock?

·
Vendor
6,243 Posts
I usually have several pieces of 3/8" & 1/4" on hand. If not, it only takes a day or so to make whatever you are wanting.

223 vs. 1/4" is not good....
Vs. 3/8" should be 75yds + on a dynamic target.

Glad you are enjoying them, and I'm glad I could make it "Mustang friendly"! :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.