Ak 74 cia | Carolina Shooters Club

Ak 74 cia

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by DevilDog1988, Jan 10, 2014.

1. DevilDog1988

DevilDog1988 U. S. Military

What would yall appraise this at? It started as a stock Polish Tantal with side folding wire stock and bakelite colored handguards. I replaced the wire stock for the polymer one you see and also now has a US palm grip. The gas tube was replaced with an ultimak railed one. I painted the bottom handguard black and drilled holes into it to attach rails so i could add an afg 2. The sight is a Vortex sparc, i did color fill on it also over all letters and stamps.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God Help Us Club Subscribed

These things are always worth more before they get "chopped"on. I'll venture to say ... 450.

3. DevilDog1988

Ive never seen a rifle be worth more when its stock. @tailhunter

Members, I forgot to add that for the appraiasal, it has 4 bulgarian mags and sight would be included.

4. Dcgallim

Dcgallim Hall of Shame

The problem with modifying guns is you'll never get out of it what you put in it. You'll be hard pressed to find someone who wants the exact gun setup that exact way. I'd say put it up for $600 maybe you get that but be prepared for lower offers.

5. DevilDog1988

Yea 600 was what i would expect, not too worried about finding a byer interested in the tactical look it now has. Tried to make it as evil looking as possible @Dcgallim

6. DevilDog1988

But as of right now, its not for sale, just a feeler to see what people think

7. majicmike

majicmike AKA Studly Hungwell Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

I'm guessing around 5ish,,I'm in the same boat as tailhunter. I always had better luck selling things stock,, Gun,motorcycle,cars, etc

8. Dcgallim

Dcgallim Hall of Shame

If you do sell it seperate the optic to maximize your $.

9. Tailhunter

Then I take it you have not dealt with the AK much .... :)

10. Tailhunter

This will help .....

11. DevilDog1988

No, Im pretty familiar with them, or atleast in use and mechanics of it (taking out the guts and what not). Favorite platfors are the AR and all its varients as well as the AKs. Theres alot of brands out there though and not always 100% sure on what brand is inferior to anothe one. I know CIA had a bad rap through their own shortcomings and qc problems in the 90s. @tailhuntr

Oh btw ther serial numbers are not matching :(

12. DevilDog1988

No, Im pretty familiar with them, or atleast in use and mechanics of it (taking out the guts and what not). Favorite platfors are the AR and all its varients as well as the AKs. Theres alot of brands out there though and not always 100% sure on what brand is inferior to anothe one. I know CIA had a bad rap through their own shortcomings and qc problems in the 90s. @tailhuntr

Oh btw ther serial numbers are not matching :(

13. Plinker77

Plinker77 Not Subscribed

I paid $475 in June for an AK with all matching numbers and the original furniture from someone selling one on here. Without the optics I wouldn't pay more than $500-525 and that's with the numbers all matching. I would rather pay more for an AK or SKS with wood furniture than plastic furniture.

14. DevilDog1988

Thx @plinker, i forgot to mention earlier that its a warsaw and not nato stock (short stocky arms, so it fits me better)

15. DevilDog1988

16. NCshooter26

NCshooter26 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

In all honesty, what really hurts the potential value was that you painted and drilled the lower handguard. Replacement Tantal handguards are fairly hard to come by, but not impossible. That, and the fact that Century did not use chrome lined barrels when building these. If this is an earlier build, there's a potential for keyholeing, but supposedly Century fixed the issue on more recent builds. Also, the color stamping, while I'm sure looks OK on the selector markings, I would advise removing it from all other areas before selling it.

If I were to buy a similar rifle, without the optic, I'd offer around $400.

17. DevilDog1988

Logged online today and saw that Mark Owen the author of No Easy Day liked the pic of my AK and said quote "Pimp!!!" End quote. Pretty sure that increases the value by several hundred percentages. Pretty sure theres a scientific formula to back me up. Come at me brah!