Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA Studly Hungwell
6,127 Posts
Im no expert so I did a lot of research when I decided to buy one. Every time I would search it 4 would come up,,In no specfic order,,,Aresnal,Maadi,Poly tech and Mak-90,,,,I went the with the Mak 90 because it was the cheapest and easiest to find, You can find them for around 700,,

·
Registered
607 Posts
Arsenal is your best bet quality wise, ammo is either going to be surplus 7n6 (corrosive) or some wolf/tula/whatever. They make some Hornady steel cased polymer tipped match stuff but it is like .50 cents a round.

·
Anne Murray sucks.
1,014 Posts
I'd say Arsenals are top of the pile. Hammer forged, chrome lined barrel, brand new production and not made from a parts kit. They're are also a step above most of the other "AK-74"'s in price.
I've heard good things about Interarms and Waffen Werks as well. IIRC they both make parts kit rifles, but seem to do it well. They're both cheaper than an Arsenal, but good luck finding one of either in stock.
Like cfpkiller said, people recently realized how cheaply they could get ammo for these rifles and there's been a surge of people buying them.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Get a russian kit from Rguns a US made chrome lined barrel from Atlantic arms and get someone to build it for you. Probably be in it for about a grand.

Or get on GB and find an Arsenal SL-105 series for about 900-ish...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.