Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever seen one in person?

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Man. That is a nice looking carbine. I've had a MP5 clone on my wishlist but this one is making me think. If only it didn't say "Taurus" the decision might not be as difficult.

Would also prefer more than a 10-rnd mag....

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
From CTD's website:

Ammunition capacity ranges from 34+1 in 9mm to 15+1 in .40, and 10+1 in .45 ACP. Weight varies from just over 8 lbs to 9 1/4 lbs, depending on caliber.

MSRP and date of availability is unknown at this time.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
That's nice looking, but for me the biggest draw of a 9mm carbine is the ability to share mags with the 9mm handgun you're using. That's why the Keltecs that take Glock mags have such a following. After all, there are a lot of Glock 9mm handguns running around. I'd like to have another 9mm carbine, but I'll have to wait for the one that works with the mags from my handguns. I liked my Ruger PC9, but the P89 I had to go with it was just too big and blocky to carry anymore. Oh, I did carry it though, for quite awhile..........I sold both of them but one day I'm hoping that RUGER WILL READ THIS AND HEAR ME WHEN I SAY REINTRODUCE THE PC9 BUT MAKE IT COMPATIBLE WITH SR9 MAGS!!!!!

Excuse me for being a ;gunho

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Can't see the pic for some reason but I bet it's the same one I saw a Shot show pic of a year ago. It was huge and heavy. I'll keep my sub.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
Looks real cool.
I don't really know why the Beretta carbine really never took off.
There are a bunch out there and a good price, High cap mags, but for some reason no big following.
Then again the AR15 9mm why is that thing still selling at 900 to 1500, just can't see it.
Mag block problems could be fixed by someone like PSA making a 60-100$ lower 9mm only based on the colt system.
That would cut the need for a 150-200$ mag block.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
Also why not base this or other new guns like it on the Uzi mag.

Others use the Glock, there are a ton of Uzi mags and people have Uzi's would maybe get it for that reason.

I tend not to get anything that I need to get into another mag setup for guns that I will be getting 20-40 mags as range mags and plinking.

·
3,580 Posts
There is not much info out there on this taurus.
I guess I'll do some checking into the sub2k.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
What kind of mags does it take? I saw a Shot show pic of it a while back and it looked positively huge in the hands of the gal that was holding it. Ah, found it..

Smile Air gun Shotgun Street fashion Trigger

A 9mm carbine should be small/handy, lightweight, high capacity, and take popular pistol mags. Other than obviously high capacity, does this deliver on any of those other things?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
IF
it comes with the 34+1 mags I read about
IF
it's price is sub $700 as I read about
IF
the reviews are decent
and
IF
there's not a crazy waiting list (like something ELSE I've been wanting)
might have to be getting one of these.
Only other question - 9mm or 45?

·
3,580 Posts
IF
it comes with the 34+1 mags I read about
IF
it's price is sub $700 as I read about
IF
the reviews are decent
and
IF
there's not a crazy waiting list (like something ELSE I've been wanting)
might have to be getting one of these.
Only other question - 9mm or 45?
If it fit your criteria, for me. Id do 9mm.

·
Registered
883 Posts
When the sub 2K is around $260ish it's gonna be hard to sell these and I don't care how neato it looks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.