Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by BPM today. A couple of weeks ago I was in the market for an AR. I wasn't to sure what to get so I stopped by Guns 'N Gear since I was driving by. They handed me the a BPM M4. They told me they were made in Apex and that he makes all the part himself. I like the idea of supporting a local manufacturer, but that's not what sold me on the rifle. The finish and got of the parts is what did it for me. Man this rifle is tight! No loose jiggles or slop. Amazing. The fact that it had a mid-length gas system, and that it was in 223 Wylde, was also a seller. Their lightweight modular hand guard is very well thought out, and incredibly easy to remove. The trigger was also top notch. I was sold! :D

Now for the icing on the cake. I called BPM because I wanted to swap out to a longer hand guard and their barrel nut is proprietary and needs a specific tool. Andrew the owner says just come on down and I'll swap it out to whatever length you want at no charge! I took him on it and went down. He swapped it out in no time and the started to show me around. He really does make all his own parts and the craftsmanship is about as good as it gets. Thanks so much Andrew for taking the time to show me around. This really makes me even more satisfied to have bought this rifle and to support such a great local company.

Ex Umbris Venimus

·
Registered
86 Posts
Please excuse me for being vague and I don't want to run anyone's name into the mud. Buy basically I was with my brother and he was going to buy a rifle. I've met Mr Barnes several times in the past. I talked with an employee and asked to see if i could speak with Mr Barnes.I was told he would be back in 15 minutes. I told the employe that we would wait outside. After the 3 rd invitation I went inside for the tour that I didn't ask for but I didn't want to be rude. When Mr Barnes showed up he told us that we needed to leave ASAP and I was accused of being a spy for another company lol.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Sorry but that doesn't sound like Andrew. The man has been nothing but a gem to deal with. He's incredibly busy and making guns in the hundreds and yet still has time for me to meet him on a Saturday to fix my gun. You can say it's expected but at the end of the day the serivce that he provided was far above and beyond.

That's a strange story but I sure would like to hear the other side as there are two sides to every story. Just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Would love to hear the other side of that story since I still haven't figured out why you went to the plant to buy a rifle seeing as they don't sell rifles directly at the plant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my experience Andrew and his employes have alway gone above and beyond when it comes to customer service. I had a few issues (operator error) where he graciously took time out of his busy day to helped me out. I can tell you that his attitude and passion resonates through the company and is exhibited in a quality product. Personally operating a number of manufacturing facilities myself I really respect a business owner that will take the time and help a customer.

Since my first experience I have purchased a number of Barnes Precision Rifles and parts. All my builds now start with Barnes Precision parts.......You are missing out.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
MSRP ranges from $1250 and up depends on where you look and if you can find them. These are top notch built rifles and are the best of the best.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Picked mine up for $1199, but it was way before all the craziness. Was at my LGS this past weekend, and they had several. Didn't price check as I'm not on the hunt. I will say that one was the FDE with the FDE hand guard. The FDE hand guard is new. One of the others was all black, including the Melonite SS barrel. This was the first time I've seen them in the store as opposed to the typical shiny SS.

Can't wait for my 14.5" Melonite SS barrel to come in. Hopefully soon. You get much more than you pay for in these rifles, IMO.

·
Banned
18,961 Posts
As far as I know Andrew never changed the price on his rifles after the Sandy Hook incident. He told me this in his shop in early March, right after telling me his 2013 production was sold out by the end of February. And yet, he called me and invited me over to replace the .20 part I broke due to my own stupidity, and gave me a tour to boot. This was in response to a simple emailed question I sent to his business, and he didn't know me from Adam. I had bought my rifle in December.

He's top shelf, first class, in my book and was even happy to stand and jawbone about general guns and ammo stuff for a few.

I will add however, his website would give one the impression, if you didn't know better, that you could by a rifle direct from them until they changed their website a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
As far as I know Andrew never changed the price on his rifles after the Sandy Hook incident. He told me this in his shop in early March, right after telling me his 2013 production was sold out by the end of February. And yet, he called me and invited me over to replace the .20 part I broke due to my own stupidity, and gave me a tour to boot. This was in response to a simple emailed question I sent to his business, and he didn't know me from Adam. I had bought my rifle in December.

He's top shelf, first class, in my book and was even happy to stand and jawbone about general guns and ammo stuff for a few.
It doesn't surprise me that they didn't inflate their prices just to make a buck. My experiences with them have been top notch. I too have spoken with Andrew a couple times, and he was a wealth of knowledge. Gave me a an hour of his time on the phone a couple times...3 mins about my noob question, and 57 mins of pure education for me. Learned more in that time about ARs, and his ARs, than I could in who knows how much interweb surfing. His employees have also been nice enough the spend time answering elementary questions when they have popped up.

Great folks over at BPM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts