Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm in Mt Holly and I'm toying with the idea of buying a Deuce 2.5 ton 6x6. Has anybody seen any decent ones around for sale? I've been looking at some government auctions, but it seems that I'd save a lot of time and trouble if I could find one somebody else had already went to the trouble of titling for a reasonable price. Just wondering if there were any out there for sale that I could check out. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it White owl in Kinston? I checked out there site and they are reasonably priced (start around $4k). I might ride down that way and have a look when I get some free time.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
Is it White owl in Kinston? I checked out there site and they are reasonably priced (start around $4k). I might ride down that way and have a look when I get some free time.
Sounds right.

I picked one up recently from govt auction for a good deal but you do have to hoop jump quite a bit. I've still got to title it, Insure it and drive it home. Running into snags everywhere.

It'll be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sheepdog120, I tried the searchtempest site. That's cool. I found one in about the shape I want over in Tn. I might have to go have a look at it. There's a NICE one in Lake Norman, but it's a little more that I want to spend. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chdamn,
Do you have a lot of experience with the government sites? I assume you got it at the Government Liquidations website? It looks like there are some to be had at some decent prices on there, but I was worried about the accuracy of the descriptions and the trouble of getting it titled. If you don't mind, let me know when you get the title in hand and how much of a hassle it wound up being. From what I've read on the internet, some people had very little trouble with it and some say it's quite an ordeal and worth shelling out an extra $1k or so on one that has been titled. What's your opinion on the cost savings vs time and trouble so far? Would you go the same route on another? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
Chdamn,
Do you have a lot of experience with the government sites? I assume you got it at the Government Liquidations website? It looks like there are some to be had at some decent prices on there, but I was worried about the accuracy of the descriptions and the trouble of getting it titled. If you don't mind, let me know when you get the title in hand and how much of a hassle it wound up being. From what I've read on the internet, some people had very little trouble with it and some say it's quite an ordeal and worth shelling out an extra $1k or so on one that has been titled. What's your opinion on the cost savings vs time and trouble so far? Would you go the same route on another? Thanks.
Sorry I've been tied up all day. Yes govliquidation is the site I'm on. I have bought a few things from them.
Here's my take. Very nice folks and they try very hard to give accurate descriptions. And if you have questions you can email them or call the location. Of course nothing beats looking for yourself.
The pictures are very accurate and tell you a lot. They will tell you if the item was driven on the lot or not.

The one I bought runs, only has 3500 miles on it and is I'm immaculate condition. It's a 5 ton 1984 and I paid $5300 so I'm happy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There was one in Fuquay-Varina...I will try to ride by where I saw it for sale and get the number or any other info on it for you...I know2 NOTHING about it, just saw it with a for sale sign on it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry ti took me so long...any other week I would have had to go by numerous times, but finally went that way today. The number on the for sale sign is (919)868-8079. Again, my disclaimer...I know NOTHING about the seller or the truck. I had seen it several times and wished I was at the place to investigate, but I am not. Best of Luck...

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
There was one in Fuquay-Varina...I will try to ride by where I saw it for sale and get the number or any other info on it for you...I know2 NOTHING about it, just saw it with a for sale sign on it.
The one you are referring to is a 5 ton dump truck I stopped and looked at it and it is in very rough shape. All the tires need replacing and I mean now the rubber is falling off of them in chunks, there are a #of parts missing and the truck is a rats nest of leaks and rust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Vaughn and Rob Edwards,
Thanks for checking that out. I've been doing the research and I think I'm going to stay with the 2.5 ton trucks. In NC unless you get the box body and call it an RV, the 5-tons have to be registered like a big rig, which requires a lot more expense and paperwork than I'm willing to deal with. I appreciate the info though. If you see any more around keep me in mind. Thanks.
-Drew

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.