Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Original Gangsta
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say thank you for your service. While I thank you don't let that go to your head because I also understand law enforcement is voluntary, and well compensated; with almost no chance of unemployment for honest hard working folks who I'm sure you are. I also understand it's a tough job, but that all who do it seek it out, and most enjoy what they've sought. I thank the lord that he supplied some men with a gene that allows a man to save my ass while still finding the experience exhilarating and the job desirable. I'm thankful for that.

Now all that being said here's an oath. Military guys especially read this oath. If these are rules you cannot or are not willing to abide then you should not re-enlist and if you are law enforcement you should turn in your badge. I believe every member here will abide and take this oath. I have faith in our young and grown men in service alike. Take the oath.
ORDERS YOU WILL NOT OBEY no matter how strongly those orders are given.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

·
Terminator terminator
3,922 Posts
I've been a card carrying member for some time now. My screen name over there is the same as here. (My views are a little more liberal than most over there but it's a good group).

I wouldn't even consider it as taking an oath, but more just reaffirming the one you already took. We swore to protect the constitution once already. This just make sure we understand that, (something most people just glance over).

I'm a Sergeant stationed on Fort Bragg and an Open member of Oath Keepers. Bring it.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
HA! LEO's are "well compensated"?!?! Not in this state. It's a calling like the priesthood, a duty to do the public a service.

Everyone that I know takes the duty to protect citizens and the constitution very seriously. It probably helps that a large number of us are former Military.

·
Permanently Banned
2,590 Posts
Former military, and also a member. Oath Keepers is a great group performing a vital mission to ensure these United States stay free. Thanks for posting this!

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
I sincerely hope all those in a position of authority take that oath, and refuse to do those things should they be ordered to.

If I was an LEO or still on AD, I certainly would refuse any order listed there.

·
Terminator terminator
3,922 Posts
Thanks for your service low trq
;bd

I sincerely hope all those in a position of authority take that oath, and refuse to do those things should they be ordered to.

If I was an LEO or still on AD, I certainly would refuse any order listed there.
Well said. This group is for veterans too so sign up :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.