Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of having the Apex sear installed in my MP9C and I have 0 experience working on firearms, so I'm not so sure I want to mess around with it. I do have a friend who's a Glock gunsmith, not sure if he's willing to try or not. I'm a true newb with guns and thought the trigger felt pretty good my first time shooting it the other night, but I hear many say the Apex sear really cleans up the trigger break and reset feel. Not looking to make it a lightweight target shooting only trigger, it's my carry gun for now.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Well, this is another level past field stripping and cleaning, but really you're just pushing a pin out and then swapping your part. There are youtube vids on how to do this.

Check it out and see if your comfortable:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Yep! My caution to you is just to make sure you keep the sear assembly upright when you have the sear pin out. There's a little spring down there that can be tricky to get back in if it falls out. If you keep the sear assembly upright you will be good to go.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Right - $30 is pretty much table stakes for a professional's time these days. But this is really a 15 min job including setup and cleanup of your work space. Just go slow and smooth, and let me know if you get stuck, I'm just down in Holly Springs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was also wondering about the issue with lightening the trigger too much as my carry. Would I need to go with the springs to correct the trigger pull weight?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.