Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the short story is I'm looking for a rustic wedding venue. Feel free to read on if you have the time.

After getting engaged only 10 days ago my fiancee is already freaking out and going crazy trying to plan a wedding for next fall. She is set on a fall wedding, and she really wants to have a farm/barn wedding. We have found dozens of places, but most of them range in price from $2500 - $7000 and we really cannot afford to spend that much on a venue (looking at a total budget of around $7k).

We have found a few places that are only $1500 if you do a Friday or Sunday, but then you read the fine print and some have a minimum fee of $5000 because you have to use them for catering etc.

The bottom line is, although I don't know any of you as well as I'd like to, I know several of you have some property. I am reaching out to you guys in hopes that somebody has a field, maybe even one with a barn big enough to hold a reception, that would be willing to help us out. I am definitely willing to pitch in for the day long rental, and would be willing to abide by whatever rules you feel we need to put in place. We are looking at roughly 100 people on the guest list, having family help prepare the food, and bringing a bunch of homebrew :)

Feel free to PM me or post in this thread, I'd love to speak to you if you think you could accomodate us.

·
Registered
418 Posts
No property here. Have you considered one of the local community buildings?

I got married in Vegas, our plane tickets and room stay was less than $1500. Our wedding ceremony/3 songs by the King/limo ride from the hotel was $150 dollars with the chapel rental. Food for thought due to your budget. Why start a new relation ship with a large unneeded expense? Go to vegas, spend 3k on a wedding and have a great flipping weekend (and not a thing to clean up). Invite everyone. We had 30 people show up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im not sure if your willing to travel to Pleasent Garden. My wife and I just tied the not Nov. 3 and we used this place. We had it Friday thru Sunday for $1650 I beleive. We had full access to the whole property. But if you deside to use this place make sure you read a understand the contract.

http://www.walnutlane.com/

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
My sister got married here this summer: http://www.snipesfarmretreat.com/

Very nice place, excellent ambience and awesome ownership. They let her bring her own catering, beer/wine, decorating, etc. Her wedding budget was the same as yours, maybe a few hundred less... It looked exceptional in the evening....

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the responses.

We actually have already looked at a few of those places, particularly snipes retreat and starlight meadow.

I will defnitely show her walnut lane and contact some of the other places that don't have prices on their websites.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.